Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved]Installing data (FOR FEATURES NOT PORFORMANCE)
08-31-2017, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 01:35 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
[Solved]Installing data (FOR FEATURES NOT PORFORMANCE)
Alrighty, so the only threads about just installing the data I can find are several years old.
Hence me posting a new one instead of necro-ing an ancient thread.

From what I can gather, circa 2013, PPSSPP did not have the ability to install game data.

That's fine. But if I can't do that, then is there at least a tag or a checkbox I can add to make it THINK the data is installed?
The reason for this being all the lovely perks that many great games have if you did have the data installed. (Extra content and even areas that can't be accessed as well as a few games NEEDING to be installed to run.)

It seems like there is allot of stigma about installing games. Allot of people said it is 100% useless and a waste of space on an emulator but let me re-state this one more time. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR PERFORMANCE. Just extra features.

So just yes or no? Can the games either be installed or made to think they are installed via a tag or setting?
(And if yes, then how?)

Thanks~
Find all posts by this user
08-31-2017, 05:04 PM
RE: Installing data (FOR FEATURES NOT PORFORMANCE)
PPSSPP already have this install data feature, the data is installed in the ppsspp/memstick/PSP/Savedata. On Android is in sdcard/PSP/Savedata.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
09-01-2017, 05:02 AM
Oh thanks!
I did get it figured out about 6 hours after I posted that. (Couldn't reply till it was approved though.) The missconceptions, dated info and in some cases flat out false information about installing data had me rather confused for a while.

I do hope this thread serves as an updated answer to the question I had, and that it might save others a bit of headache/info hunting.

Thanks again~
09-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Fine!

Thread solved and closed.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
Thread Closed