Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.9 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
07-20-2019, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2019 11:44 PM by jack324.)
RE: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Hello folks, I'm having a problem loading mission 04 specifically. PPSSPP crashes right after the opening cut scene on the white loading screen. I believe it has something to do with a file not being loaded out of the installed files on the "memory card". I have reinstalled the installation files but still no luck.

Upon looking at my own screenshot, it appears the game is trying to load an atrac audio file/stream and failing due to the first byte in the stream/file not being valid.

If I turn off fast memory, the game stops crashing but hangs in the white loading screen with this as the final line in the debug screen:
E[HLE]: hle\sceopenpsid.cpp:25 UNTESTED sceOpenPSIDGetOpenPSID(167508064)

If I leave fast memory on I get the following just before it crashes: (see attachment)

Does anyone have a clue whats going on here?

(Yes I have used cheats on this save.)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Hello folks, I only just recently started using PPSSPP to play Peace Walker and so far it was working amazingly. WAS. Then i got to mission Armored Vehicle Battle: LAV-Type G and for some reason the vehicle's physics got all weird and it started speeding up and slowing down at random intervals, and floating up. Now normally this wouldn't be a problem, I'm used to buggy games, as long it's not game breaking. But unfortunately this is. You see when I take out the guards more come out, but since the vehicle deploys guards when it's stopped and when it's stopped it floats the guards sink into the ground, making it so you can't take them out and making the mission uncompletable stealthy. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

Thank you for your time.
07-29-2019, 04:28 PM
Hello, for some reason in the mission Armored Vehicle Battle: LAV-Type G vehicle is buggy. It speeds up and slows down randomly. But real problem is that when it stops it floats up, and when I take out some soldiers it deploys more but since the vehicle is floating up when they jump out they sink in the ground and since I need to take them out to complete the mission I can't finish it stealthy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading.
07-29-2019, 04:31 PM
;k;k;k;k;k;
08-09-2019, 10:22 PM
how do you disable 2x speed cheat im using ppsspo