Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
10-22-2013, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 05:37 AM by Zemekis.)
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
Hey everyone. I've been playing this game on my PC (Windows 64-bit) for a few days now and have had absolutely no problems, until about an hour ago suddenly I had a graphics driver crash, which caused the emulation to freeze up so I lost some battle progress. I started PPSSPP up again and loaded up the save state in the battle, won, and when I returned to the map it was BLACK (which is why I immediately stopped playing it on the Android version) - plus now some strange animations such as in battle with temporarily frozen artifacts or showing a line of another unit's name I've yet to even begin using in that battle showing up a bit below the active unit's name. However, when I zoom the map out everything is fine.

I've read almost this entire thread, especially the last several pages...but nothing's worked. I've tried dozens of different settings changes, including defaults which worked till now. The best I can do is I could not be more confused. Taxing games like Skyrim are still running perfectly on ultra...so I don't think it's my card. I've even updated my graphics drivers, tried a different save state or save file, started a new game to test it, and tried a new download of PPSSPP even. Any clue what to do? Has anyone else figured out a definite surefire fix for this? I have the latest Directx installed, .NET framework, all of it...I'm out of ideas. D:

I'm using a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Twin Frozr card with 327.23 drivers.

EDIT: I figured it out! While it's totally vexing that the official build I was using became indefinitely screwed up, I took to King of Worms' advice and used dev build 1467 - every problem I had went away - in fact, on top of that, I no longer have very many "minor" short hangs when changing menus and also my alternate speed mode is much faster. It's perfect - a special thank you to King of Worms, whoever you are! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Taticsc ogre letter problem - NowakSotto - 07-09-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Taticsc ogre letter problem - vnctdj - 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together - Zemekis - 10-22-2013 11:34 PM
Black Screen Issues - harcield - 12-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Infinite Loops Issue - game_boy - 12-25-2013, 11:53 PM
save/load issue - karotsu - 02-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Stopped working(detail) - k4k4shi - 11-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Texture scaling on Tactics Ogre - Ledic - 02-06-2015, 11:36 PM