Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
WOW, -massive- speed improvement over JPCSP, at least on my system. Especially the start of Chapter 1; JPCSP slows down a lot because of the candle and the light coming through the windows (it doesn't successfully render either of these for me, I didn't even know they were there until I used this emulator).

Only three things I can even comment on, otherwise I'm extremely impressed by the most recent update.

-The big one (and the only really important one)'s the aforementioned 'Buffered Rendering' issue versus the world map screen. For some reason, this does not affect the map screen while inside a dungeon (for example, I can see to navigate in between the floors of the Palace of the Dead area just fine, even while Buffered Rendering is turned on). I much prefer having this option on, as it makes everything else look a lot better. There's also a small sliver of the world map visible in the lower left corner of the emulator screen that's still present while Buffered Rendering is on, and this animates just fine when you move between locations. Maybe the black overlay's some kind of layer that's not being purged properly? I know that the game normally uses a 'gradually gets blurrier as you approach the edges' effect that's only present on the world map screen, and that small visible sliver (which should be very blurry given the intended effect, since it's at the very edge of the screen) is actually crystal clear in PPSSPP, whether Buffered Filtering is on or not. I really don't think a 'filter toggle' is what's needed, probably the code for Buffered Filtering just needs a little tweak to interpret this specific layer/whatever it is correctly.

-Very slight sound crackling. However, this was occuring while I was surfing on freakin' Firefox; JPCSP would crash outright under such circumstances on my system, so I'm going to chalk that up to user-end performance rather than an emulator issue.

-Cheats! I see the vestiges of a cheat implementation system still in the works, hope that evolves to the point where it's caught up with JPCSP.

Very, very excited.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together - c0mmonuser - 06-27-2013 09:07 PM
Taticsc ogre letter problem - NowakSotto - 07-09-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Taticsc ogre letter problem - vnctdj - 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Black Screen Issues - harcield - 12-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Infinite Loops Issue - game_boy - 12-25-2013, 11:53 PM
save/load issue - karotsu - 02-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Stopped working(detail) - k4k4shi - 11-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Texture scaling on Tactics Ogre - Ledic - 02-06-2015, 11:36 PM