Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Android requirements
11-22-2012, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2012 06:27 AM by livisor.)
Android requirements
Hello PPSSPP community,

I wanted to ask the developer or anyone else qualified to tell me which specs could run psp games at normal speed?I have a nexus 7 1.3ghz quad core and although it runs the cube fine the bubble puzzle runs quite laggy.Is this because the emulator is not yet ready to take advantage of my device's processor?After all my psp 200x had a 333mhz processor so my tablet should be just fine.

Thank you for your time,
livisor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Big Grin RE: Android requirements
Although you are correct about it not being optimized (for android as a whole), just because the hardware is more 'powerful', doesn't necessarily mean that it will run fast. The fact is, while you have something that is far more powerful than a PSP, not only are you running in the background, a full mobile operating system, but you are also trying to run a emulated PSP (or an virtual PSP if that's easier to understand). Games that were developed for the PSP run great on the PSP, because they were optimized for the PSP hardware. But in time the speed and the amount of games which will be playable on this emulator will grow. Just have a little patience. Hope this helps you. Big Grin
11-22-2012, 08:05 AM
RE: Android requirements
PPSSPP will become much faster over time. The emu is new, you should have seen how slow the first releases of Dolphin (http://www.dolphin-emu.org) were and compare to its performance today.
11-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Ok,thank you for your replies,they clarified a lot for me.I will start testing games for nexus 7 as soon as support is added for it since 0.31 crashes.Smile
11-22-2012, 03:18 PM
(11-22-2012 12:11 PM)livisor Wrote:  Ok,thank you for your replies,they clarified a lot for me.I will start testing games for nexus 7 as soon as support is added for it since 0.31 crashes.Smile

if you turn off buffered rendering in settings it shouldn't crash.
11-23-2012, 01:55 PM
(11-22-2012 03:18 PM)MrZackarius Wrote:  
(11-22-2012 12:11 PM)livisor Wrote:  Ok,thank you for your replies,they clarified a lot for me.I will start testing games for nexus 7 as soon as support is added for it since 0.31 crashes.Smile

if you turn off buffered rendering in settings it shouldn't crash.

Thank you,already started testing some games!
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM
we'll just hope for the best Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Sorry to bump up an old thread.
With the current newly release 8.0 , which requirement works best for game at a stable 55fps ?
06-30-2013, 03:26 PM
there is no correct answer to that.
at it's current state some games may require the power of a super computer to run at normal fps, while some games run fine on an xperia play with outdated hardware.