Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about multiplayer
06-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Questions about multiplayer
I wanna set up a adhoc server on my Linux server so that I can play with my friends without VPN. But when we connect to the server, we could go into the lobby but we could not see each other in Monster Hunter Portable 3 HD.
But when I opened the built-in server in my computer and connect the server using my laptop in LAN. It seems good. I have confirmed that I shutdown the firewall on my Linux server and all of the clients. And the server log shows that we all connected to the server.
Anyone know what's wrong.

P.S.
The PPSSPP version is 1.4.2, and all the Monster Hunter Portable 3 HD image are the same one.
The adhoc server is built from
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Questions about multiplayer
Well, if all players can connect to adhoc server but can't see each other, the issue is mostlikely to be existed on players side (usually ports need to be opened on each player)

Adhoc server only create a friendlist (players within the same group), and game communications are done peer2peer (directly player to player) without going through adhoc server, so each player need to have opened ports also (varies ports depend on the game)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
06-13-2017, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2017 08:26 AM by tywald.)
All of you should open the following ports as UDP & TCP: 10000, 20001-20004

Those should be enough. Reason why UDP isn't enough is well, we tested on our server and I kept breaking off when the quest started until I opened those ports for TCP as well.
08-23-2017, 02:21 PM
May i know how to create a server. Because i create a room but my friend doesnt see the gathering hall room. May i know step by step to play it online with my friends.
08-24-2017, 04:48 AM
If it's set to automatic in the in-game options you will always enter GH1, set it to manual to be able to choose other GHs. Usually it set to manual by default but some downloaded characters like Jm have it on automatic.

https://i.imgur.com/Qrz7yCG.png
08-24-2017, 09:02 AM
We're using a vpn. Im the host. But my friend stuck up in the network initialized when connecting. How to setup vpn and the ppsspp settings. Using TCP. Then how to use the ports.