Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
09-01-2014, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 05:25 PM by scottishgamer.)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
DodgyI have been playing through this game on the latest (0.9.9.1) and and last version of ppsspp, and found there to be a lot of annoying graphical & speed glitches in the game.

1. Right at the stert,when you are in control of your charachter, you find the torch(flashlight) is not as it should be. The beam is too bright and big, and doesn't cast any shadows (making the shadow puzzle later on impossible to do properly).

2. When using the flashlight at all, the games framerate drops drastically, lots of slowmo and crackling sounds happen as a result.

3. When cutscenes play, they play in a poor framerate and crackle throughout most if not all of it.

4 *Static rectangles take the place of the marked areas where you take pictures with the phone if you enable "Disable stencil test"

5. Graphical glitches at certain places, eg mirrors.

*6. Game freezes during 1 cutscene and at the end of another one later on, thus halting my progression of the game at about 75% done.

I have drawn all these conclusions from playing over 50% of the game, and can't confirm these to be all the glitches in the game, there may be more, but these ones i have mentioned need to be addressed as it spoils the enjoyment of playing it somewhat.

*I forgot to mention that I am using Windows (64bit) version of ppsspp
with both PAL and NTSC versions of the the games ISO tried out with the same results on both.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - sim981 - 03-13-2013, 07:07 AM
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - scottishgamer - 09-01-2014 03:33 PM
Silent Hill : Shattered Memories - Ranxi - 04-16-2016, 09:50 AM