• 4 Votes - 4 Average
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
04-08-2018, 10:46 AM
RE: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Definitely the flashlight broke between 1.4.2 - 1.5.4
I am also able to confirm the flashlight working with 1.4.2
However whether Vulkan or OpenGL the flashlight will not work in 1.5.4

On my Nvidia Shield TV, I did some testing with 1.4.2
(This is by no means a comprehensive report since I only made it to the point where the player gets the in-game phone).

Lag:

Flashlight on - the game lags although there are a few places where it runs perfect.
Some cutscenes have the flashlight enabled causing severe lag when watching them, this is unavoidable.

Flashlight off - the game runs perfect, unfortunately there are some places where it lags.
Cutscenes lag a little bit here and there otherwise perfect.

Emulation glitches:

The flashlight bringing about unwanted black lines - forums.ppsspp.org/attachment.php?aid=13159
While this could be fixed by enabling 'Disable stencil test' it causes this - forums.ppsspp.org/attachment.php?aid=12112
Disabling 'Disable stencil test' and it should look something like this - forums.ppsspp.org/attachment.php?aid=15725

Unable to save any photos taken with the in-game camera due to this - forums.ppsspp.org/attachment.php?aid=13770
Therefore no 'Echo Photos' - silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Echo_Photos
Like this - vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/silent/images/c/c2/Swing.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100718153604
Likely unable to work towards getting a 'UFO Ending' - silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/UFO_Ending#Silent_Hill:_Shattered_Memories

A mirror not displaying properly - forums.ppsspp.org/attachment.php?aid=15723

Conclusion:

1.4.2 is producing a bit too much lag on the Nvidia Shield TV to enjoy this game. I am unsure whether I will do further testing.

In the meantime if anyone would like to contribute to the list of 'Emulation glitches', feel free to outline it like I have done or similar to. Please make note of which PPSSPP build is used and whether previous glitches are still present or not.

Hopefully this will help newer builds iron out the glitches and improve compatibility, getting this game to a perfect state!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - sim981 - 03-13-2013, 07:07 AM
RE: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - S.H.I.E.L.D. - 04-08-2018 10:46 AM
Silent Hill : Shattered Memories - Ranxi - 04-16-2016, 09:50 AM