Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
03-18-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
How's the shadows in a newest PPSSPP version? Are those fixed already?

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 OC @ 3.0GHZ stock cooling
Ge-Force GTX 260 896mb
4GB RAM Corsair 1066mhz
Windows 7 X64 ultimate
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2019, 07:43 PM
I got it to work on PC with a RTX2080 and a i78700k but it still has slight glitches few enough that its enjoyable but its definitely still noticable
07-23-2019, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2019 03:28 AM by Smerg.)
For me, prognosis remains the same, except that DX11 and Vulkan now all look the same - broken barcode shadows.
OpenGL is a blobby mess.
In DX9, the flashlight doesn't seem to light up much of anything. It only affects Harry and his car door window, for whatever reason. In addition, I'm able to see through some geometry (such as Harry's car hood).
x64 version of PPSSPP works for me now, but it hasn't made a difference.
Why was "Disable Stencil Test" removed? It seemed to be the only thing that made a difference besides backend.

Edit: "Disable Slower Effects" has an effect on things, but it's very odd.
The flashlight isn't visible unless moving, in which case it's only visible on some surfaces, with the shadows it casts seemingly unrelated to the environment.
DX11:
Disable slow effects unchecked: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ye1OZSP...sp=sharing
Disable slow effects checked: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d2287_2...sp=sharing
OpenGL looks like this (shadows present when moving or still, which is something, I suppose): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a4HTckI...sp=sharing
Vulkan appears much the same as DX11.

I'm gonna try my other computer with an RTX 2070 when I can, see if that changes things.
08-15-2020, 01:32 PM
So has anyone else got success with this now that we are in August of 2020?
Don’t laugh, but I have downloaded ppsspp on my iPad Pro 3rd generation through AltStore and finally after years I can play silent hill shattered memories, BUT...when I am out in the fog that’s where the game slows down and sound is out of sync. Apart from that it runs great compared to how it used to run but their are some issues with barcode shadows in some places but it’s definitely playable. So I wanted to know how it’s running on Android now? If android users are still having these issues, also if anyone knows the best settings for iOS please let me know.
08-21-2020, 09:03 PM
(08-15-2020 01:32 PM)Alexythimia23 Wrote:  So has anyone else got success with this now that we are in August of 2020?
Don’t laugh, but I have downloaded ppsspp on my iPad Pro 3rd generation through AltStore and finally after years I can play silent hill shattered memories, BUT...when I am out in the fog that’s where the game slows down and sound is out of sync. Apart from that it runs great compared to how it used to run but their are some issues with barcode shadows in some places but it’s definitely playable. So I wanted to know how it’s running on Android now? If android users are still having these issues, also if anyone knows the best settings for iOS please let me know.

I run this game with PPSSPP V1.10.3 (windows10) DX11 and still got black vertical lines using the flashlight

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-22-2020, 01:33 PM
Hello here some errors of how the game looks now has a lot of new graphic errors like the flashlight, I hope they will fix it soon.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-01-2021, 08:26 AM
I've latest version installed on my phone.
09-20-2022, 11:57 PM
Hello, I would like to know if anyone is still having texture problems in Silent Hill shattered Memories. I have a pretty decent computer and as of today, September 2022, I cannot get the game to work properly and by that I mean that the flashlight does not reflect no type of light. I was trying several configurations, but none has worked for me. Sometimes the game speeds up depending on whether I use direct.11, Direct 9 vulcan, etc. For now I leave it on Direct 9.

If anyone knows how to activate the flashlight shadow in the game? I would really appreciate it. And he also clarified that I wouldn't mind playing with a couple of vertical lines. So good. Thank you very much in advance and greetings from Argentina.
Smile