Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
09-02-2014, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 06:32 PM by scottishgamer.)
RE: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
(08-27-2014 06:15 PM)alanwake Wrote:  Hey!

Game has worked fine so far, but as some other users already said, when you meet dahlia at the bar and you go inside to her car and start driving away, the screen goes black and stays that way, and the sound starts looping like it goes broken.

Im playing the US version (ISO), on Revision v0.9.9-84-g37b8f62, windows 7

So anyone have any idea or is that log helping at all? (Check attached file)

Thanks

With that freeze glitch, you just press the "Start" button and select "Skip cutscene", and it will move on to the 2nd part of the cutscene ( directly after the car moves off and fades to black) Do it early enough though, like before they go out to the car and that horrible noise ensues.
The second time it freezes like this in the game is more fatal because you don't get the "Skip cutscene" option. It's where you have jumped into a chasm in the final "nightmare" run later on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2014, 07:45 PM
The game runs extremely slow on Android. I'm using the latest build of the app with my Xperia Z. Does anyone know anything about the (possible) proper settings?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2014, 12:10 AM
One more: I can't even see the questions on that Personality Inventory Form in the beginning of the game. The pointer and the paper have been rendered with no problem except that the page can't be scrolled down to the bottom, and the pointer does move, but the questions/choices are nowhere to be seen and/or clicked. Needless to mention, the cutseens are all void. And take note that with the very same settings, I'm able to run other titles; namely, Mortal Kombat: Unchained and Metal Gear Acid, perfectly fine.
12-05-2014, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 02:07 AM by [Unknown].)
Sounds to me like you have "disable slow effects" on or "simulate block transfer" off. I won't expect this game to run fast on Android as it seems to use several features of the PSP GPU that OpenGL ES doesn't directly support.

-[Unknown]
12-05-2014, 05:54 PM
(12-05-2014 02:07 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Sounds to me like you have "disable slow effects" on or "simulate block transfer" off. I won't expect this game to run fast on Android as it seems to use several features of the PSP GPU that OpenGL ES doesn't directly support.

-[Unknown]

Thanks -- turning on simulate block transfer did the trick for the Personality Inventory Form. Getting about 22-28 fps now (flashlight off) with some tweaks here and there.
12-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Ummm the flash light bug still exist? O.o

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
12-06-2014, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 01:12 PM by TIWPS.)
(12-06-2014 12:31 PM)cybercjt Wrote:  Ummm the flash light bug still exist? O.o

Not sure what exactly the bug you're referring to is, but, with the settings I'm using now, the flashlight doesn't function at all; meaning turning it on does absolutely nothing besides lowering the framerate quite a considerable amount, as from 28 fps to 13 fps.
12-06-2014, 01:52 PM
(12-06-2014 01:08 PM)TIWPS Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 12:31 PM)cybercjt Wrote:  Ummm the flash light bug still exist? O.o

Not sure what exactly the bug you're referring to is, but, with the settings I'm using now, the flashlight doesn't function at all; meaning turning it on does absolutely nothing besides lowering the framerate quite a considerable amount, as from 28 fps to 13 fps.

This Undecided theres this black stripes within the path of light.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
01-23-2015, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 07:37 PM by Finncent.)
@scottishgamer:
Could you fixed the problem with the second freezing? I have got the same trouble with the game at this point... Any ideas anyone?
It's just frustating ,after almost beating the game, to wait for a new version.
(Have normal settings, playing on Win8)
02-07-2015, 06:28 AM
Still got lag on my asus zenfone 4, ppsspp gold v 1.0
even when i enabled software or hardware rendering
02-11-2015, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 03:16 PM by scottishgamer.)
Thumbs Up RE: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
(01-23-2015 07:36 PM)Finncent Wrote:  @scottishgamer:
Could you fixed the problem with the second freezing? I have got the same trouble with the game at this point... Any ideas anyone?
It's just frustating ,after almost beating the game, to wait for a new version.
(Have normal settings, playing on Win8)

Played it on verson 1.00 You have to choose Backend - OPenGL, even with AMD Radeon cards like mine, in order to have the flashlight working. Doesn't work at all with D3D9. Still no improvement on it's beam however, graphics still glitced in mirrors etc. However the 2 freezing glitches have been fixed!
02-25-2015, 03:29 AM
Hey guys i just encounter a problem with save data or memory stick that requires to play this game. i played using v. 1.0.0 with Xperia SP. the game runs okay from beginning, create a new profile, interview stuff until i got myself at the park and captured a swing ghost, the game need to be save, and pop up dialog shown that my game cannot be saved because the profile i used to play this game from the beginning cannot be found, it recommend me to insert memory stick. i mean i just created a new profile at the beginning and it says "saving data" and the game goes on until i have to save my game, i can't continue my game because it keeps saying to retry (saving mode), maybe if there is "no" option i could continue my game with savestate.

the tweaks for flash you have to uncheck simulate block transfer to make a better speed while you are outside and enable your flash, but sometimes you have to check it again in order to show an UI ingame such like your phone, a form
02-25-2015, 05:31 AM
Probably you used savestates as a time-machine. This can be dangerous. Gotta be careful when messing with space-time, might rip it apart by accident.

That is, you probably created a savestate, and then later saved. After that, you for some reason loaded your savestate (the one BEFORE you saved), and continued playing. Now, when you go to save, the game sees something already there - even though it knows it never put anything there. It's kinda like Marty running into Marty. Bad things happen.

My best advice is to create a savestate right away whenever saving in game, just to make sure you never have any old savestates lingering around to accidentally load.

-[Unknown]
02-25-2015, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 06:20 AM by Toruju.)
i heard about that savestate stuff, and how to create a savestate? do you mind to give me tutorial? i mean i did found my save data in device/psp/savedata/silent hill, feel frustrated and i erase the savedata thinking i might play it again from the beginning and the game create it's own savedata again. but nothing changes.
02-26-2015, 12:41 AM
Information RE: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
(02-25-2015 06:16 AM)Toruju Wrote:  i heard about that savestate stuff, and how to create a savestate? do you mind to give me tutorial? i mean i did found my save data in device/psp/savedata/silent hill, feel frustrated and i erase the savedata thinking i might play it again from the beginning and the game create it's own savedata again. but nothing changes.
Hi there,

Savestates are not saved in the same place as the actual savedata of the games, its located in PSP / PPSSPP_STATE which you should be able to see also.
you can delete savedata of each game in the sub menu of the emulator.
IE:
On android, its a long press on the game icon on the main game selection screen.
On PC, right click on game icon on the main game selection screen.

Options will then be available to you.

Hope this helps in some way. Cool