Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sony collab. for PPSSPP?
04-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Sony collab. for PPSSPP?
Would Sony willing to do a collaboration for ppsspp emulation development? Maybe introduce Xperia Play 2 with powerful adreno 330 chip and audio chip for direct atrac3plus decoding in ppsspp emulation? I would buy one! Just my opinion...

Sorry for my garbage English...Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 12:32 AM
RE: Sony collab. for PPSSPP?
(04-02-2013 12:13 AM)zedyll Wrote:  Would Sony willing to do a collaboration for ppsspp emulation development? Maybe introduce Xperia Play 2 with powerful adreno 330 chip and audio chip for direct atrac3plus decoding in ppsspp emulation? I would buy one! Just my opinion...

Sorry for my garbage English...Tongue

Hmmmm, I've heard stories on the XDA forums and from the FXP comunity, I can't really confirm it, but Sony does help the android developers to make progress with them (Example AOSP roms and such) Unlike samsung who's a total bitch, missing documentation and sources, so yeah.. There's maybe a slight chance about sony helping on anything, ALTHOUGH, I doubt it, since this is the case of a console being emultated, in which, they don't win anything.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
04-02-2013, 12:39 AM
I don't think so, they'd prefer a port of some game to next gen machine instead of emulation which is give more benefits and money to them.
04-02-2013, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 01:12 AM by cloud1250000.)
they don't need help to make an emulator xD they already know how their consoles work and they can do it much faster then any independent team....

They absolutely doesn't need a chip for at3+ xD it's only to protect their codec ahah xD

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2013, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 02:36 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
Sony's no.1 factor is "milk the cow".
Sony does their best to help android developers to deal with a device they are bored to develop in order to get more money with nothing.
So Sony won't help PPSSPP or any Playsation line developers to work on something that would mean less money for them and the classics/HD remasters/ports of a game. Actualy, I am surprised that they don't even do their best to stop it.

EDIT (for the record of being an intresting kind of marketing): It's one of those super-rare factors I wish all rest companies would do what Sony does.
Their idea is simple as. Well we have (let's say) 100 XPERIA x10 minis left and we want to get rid of them. That device is pretty old though to attract anyone on the market unless we do something (600 MHz single core ARMv6, Adreno 200, up to Android 2.1) We'll put them on a nice price and we'll give everything Android developrs need to make it look and feel like a good product for today's standars, without paying any of our inside staff developers doing it, which will lead to some good fame and income to our company with zero effort (result is an X10 mini pro with greater battery life, 866 Mhz stable OC'd core, superfluid ICS and so much more). Now their next thought after doing that for some time is, what if we'd do it almost like straight forward from the launch of every new device and we give the ability for indie developers to deal with everything we'd had to deal and we'd have to pay staff for it and most of the times they'd do it worse anyway? So mostly you can say that you can thank XDA developers for Sony's success of Android platform.
04-02-2013, 03:09 AM
they can't stop it xD

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2013, 03:28 AM
(04-02-2013 02:23 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  Sony's no.1 factor is "milk the cow".
Sony does their best to help android developers to deal with a device they are bored to develop in order to get more money with nothing.
So Sony won't help PPSSPP or any Playsation line developers to work on something that would mean less money for them and the classics/HD remasters/ports of a game. Actualy, I am surprised that they don't even do their best to stop it.

EDIT (for the record of being an intresting kind of marketing): It's one of those super-rare factors I wish all rest companies would do what Sony does.
Their idea is simple as. Well we have (let's say) 100 XPERIA x10 minis left and we want to get rid of them. That device is pretty old though to attract anyone on the market unless we do something (600 MHz single core ARMv6, Adreno 200, up to Android 2.1) We'll put them on a nice price and we'll give everything Android developrs need to make it look and feel like a good product for today's standars, without paying any of our inside staff developers doing it, which will lead to some good fame and income to our company with zero effort (result is an X10 mini pro with greater battery life, 866 Mhz stable OC'd core, superfluid ICS and so much more). Now their next thought after doing that for some time is, what if we'd do it almost like straight forward from the launch of every new device and we give the ability for indie developers to deal with everything we'd had to deal and we'd have to pay staff for it and most of the times they'd do it worse anyway? So mostly you can say that you can thank XDA developers for Sony's success of Android platform.

You my friend, deserve my like (although this isn't facebook lolol), couldn't have explained it better.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..