Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1 second freeze/stutter
04-04-2017, 11:47 AM
1 second freeze/stutter
So i have been playing Star Ocean : First Departure and Persona 1 on ppsspp.

I have owned these games physically for many years so i had no qualms in regards to finding iso's for them.

i had no problems at all playing both of these games for a couple of days.
it all looks great, sounds great and plays great. it's like playing on an actual psp aside from the obvious resolution that looks sort of stretched, but that's natural.

anyway, suddenly the games starts to freeze for exactly one second and then starts again. everything stops, from sound to gameplay and then resumes.

this happens approx. every minute or so which is now ruining my experience.

but i cannot understand what is happening. i played for over 20 hours without this happening at all.
now i am utterly unable to enjoy playing these games on ppsspp.

i have tried to tweak with the settings, but i am honestly not very savvy with that kind of thing. but i cannot see how settings would matter as i did not fiddle with them at all during the many hours i played without any problems at all.

...anybody have any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2017, 02:58 PM
RE: 1 second freeze/stutter
Did anything else change on your PC. Hell, even viruses can do stuff like that.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
04-04-2017, 10:22 PM
1st thing u should try is download different ppsspp version and FOR EXAMPLE place it on desktop and see if same thing happens

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
04-05-2017, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 05:29 AM by satur9dreamer.)
Hi again.

Nothing has changed on my pc. because i literally went to bed after two days of ppsspp usage, woke up, and then boom, weird stuttering.

oh i should also mention that when i frist tried ppsspp about a year ago, with the same games, this thing happened, and that actually made me stop using it.
but i must have forgotten that when i started playing again just a couple of days ago. so this has happened before.

but nothing has changed on my pc. and ppsspp is on my desktop as a shortcut. both the 1.2.2v and 1.4.

i also regularly scan my pc for crap, so there should be no virus...as far as i know.

i can try downloading a different version, maby something from before 1.2.2 or something.

but it's so strange, no?

i have now tried 4 different versions. to be exact, 1.1.1, 1.2.2, 1.3 and 1.4.
i endeavored to reset them all to default settings and placed them all on my desktop.

the problem still persists. but for some reason, the intervals between the stuttering seems far less consistent now. so it's actually possible to play now...but then again, i have only been playing for about 10 minutes. playing star ocean - first departure btw, if that is of any relevance.

yesterday it seemed to be happening every minute when i was just running around in the game, not even loading new screens or opening the in game menu.

but now it seems like it runs a little more smooth, but as soon as i enter a new area and load a new screen or when characters are about to speak, it seems like when it's loading an audio track the stuttering resumes...hmmmm, i just don't know. will try playing for a while now on the version that i had the best experience with during this test and see what happens.
04-05-2017, 05:44 AM
Unless you got to a part of your iso of Star Ocean 1 and Persona that has an issue (either in the emulator or due to a bad rip) or.... something had to change with your PC.

Games don't suddenly stop working or change in how they work (especially over a short period of time) and over a long period of time performance ahould generally not really change (hard drives, and over heated components are exceptions)

My first test would be to take your physical copy and use a PSP to make a new iso image (heck an iso dumping function is built into the pro cfw nothing else besides a usb cable and pc needed).

The second would be to make an in game save or even better try starting a new game with no savestating and no cfw to see if it still happens. (Cheats can cause issues and savestates have a much much much higher chance of getting corrupted then in game saves.)

If both of those things check out then something did change with your PC. (Update [of any kind], something new installed, some new process running that was not running before, ect)
04-05-2017, 05:55 AM
i repair PC's from over 10 years already and trust me any strange behavior is kinda normal in this case
for instance like a year ago my pc started lagging when entering windows after startup
and it was like literally launched some heavy game few times on it while nothing was running on it since it was just after windows start

turns out 1 of my USB hub was damaged and was causing the problem
and who would even think about checking USB hub when your pc lags? well i found it by pure accident so believe me nothing is strange when it comes to pc just not everything makes sense

next thing you wanna check is ctrl+alt+delete go to task manager now sort programs by memory usage and look if anything devour ur memory too much and try closing that task

next sort by user name and disable what you think its not needed atm what have your user name next to it

other thing you can try tweaking this options in ppsspp

game settings
- rendering resolution
- rendering mode
- texture filtering
- screen scaling filter
- texture scaling

and idk to what you should set them just try different combinations and lowest values

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com