Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audio crackling with Vsync
04-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Audio crackling with Vsync
I've been playing through Chains of Olympus using PPSSPP but one thing I noticed is that there is a lot of screen tearing when running it full screen.
To deal with it I tried the Vsync option and while it works wonders against the screen tearing, it causes the audio to crackle/pop. With vsync enabled the game speed hovers around 96% instead of the 100% without it despite running at around 300% in the same screen at 3x resolution with the frame limiter disabled.

Is there anything I can do to remove this crackling?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: Audio crackling with Vsync
Try switching audio backends from WASAPI to DirectSound in the settings, and please let us know if that helped. I think WASAPI, while faster, might still need some tuning on some devices..
04-02-2017, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 02:30 PM by Vibhor.)
RE: Audio crackling with Vsync
I have been using Directsound already.
My specs are i5 6500, 750 Ti and 8GB RAM on Windows 7 64bit if that is relevant.

EDIT: Just tried Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD. The crackling does not happen in it at all but then again the game also runs at 1100% uncapped as opposed to the 300% of Chains of Olympus.

EDIT2: Posting this here for posterity, the crackling seems to have been fixed for me in 1.4.2-467.