Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Switched over to 1.4. Memory card missing?
03-31-2017, 01:34 PM
Switched over to 1.4. Memory card missing?
I switched over to PPSSPP 1.4, and copied only the memory card folder from 1.3. Everything seemed fine until I tried to save my progress to memory card. It says the memory card is missing. I suppose I could continue playing only using save states, but I'd rather fix the issue if possible. Any ideas? Did I screw up by permanently deleting the 1.3 folder?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Switched over to 1.4. Memory card missing?
First of all. I strongly suggest not using savestates. They DO NOT replace saves. And they break easily.
Also. Where is your PPSSPP located, in what folder. Because even if you did not copy your old saves, it should not say that memcard is missing. Is it in protected folders maybe? "Program Files" or such?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
03-31-2017, 01:47 PM
If you used the installer to install 1.4, it will look for the memcard folder in your user directory instead, unless you remove the file "installed.txt". Could it be that?
03-31-2017, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. When I load from the game menu it works fine. For whatever reason I can't load my save state and have the memory card work. No big deal. My actual save is only a few quests behind the save state. All is well.
03-31-2017, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 03:24 PM by Asferot.)
(03-31-2017 01:53 PM)Tarhsid Wrote:  Thanks for the quick replies. When I load from the game menu it works fine. For whatever reason I can't load my save state and have the memory card work. No big deal. My actual save is only a few quests behind the save state. All is well.

Like I said. Savestates are easily broken. If you are trying to load savestates from older versions of emulator they will not work. Or sometimes they work, but you will NOT be able to save. The basic rule is to never use savestates unless you really need them to skip a glitched part of a game or something. They are not replacement for actual ingame saving.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
03-31-2017, 03:49 PM
Well, we do try to keep savestates compatible forwards (but not backwards, at all). Sometimes there are odd interactions between savestates and memory card savegames though.