Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Obscure The Aftermath
01-11-2014, 05:41 AM
RE: Obscure The Aftermath
(01-10-2014 06:06 PM)dan3840 Wrote:  Finally the game started again with the new build \ 0 /
thanks for reporting =)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 04:26 PM
(01-11-2014 08:42 AM)TonyStark Wrote:  HELLLLLL YEAHHH!!

THE GAME WORKS!! Thanks devs, especially, Unknown W. Brackets and Henrik Rydgård, the game is super smooth, and no audio problems, no nothing.

: TECHNICAL :

1) PPSSPP Version : v0.9.6-397-g1dfcbd0
2)OS - Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Stock TouchWiz Rooted.

: SCREENSHOTS :

[Image: 095855.jpg]

[Image: 095859.jpg]

[Image: 095902.jpg]

dont forget raven02.
01-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Huh? I still get the black screen in the beginning after the logo. I too have the latest ppsspp update. Did ya adjust the settings a certain way to play this game?
01-20-2014, 02:43 PM
(01-20-2014 02:31 PM)Dark Complex Wrote:  Huh? I still get the black screen in the beginning after the logo. I too have the latest ppsspp update. Did ya adjust the settings a certain way to play this game?

It works for me since a few builds, too. I'm using the PPSSPP on android and play with an Nvidia Shield.

(Graphics)
Mode: Buffered Rendering
Frameskipping: Auto
Mipmapping: On
Performance: All On (Rendering Resolution 2xPSP)
Texture Scaling: No changes
Anisotropic Filtering: 8x
Hack Settings: All Off

(System)
Fast memory +I/O on thread + atomic audio locks: On
Multithread: Off
01-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Naw, still nothing. I guess i have to wait and hope on the new update. It's just a shame though that people who actually supported the gold version has to crack their heads to figure how to fix games when it should be the devs job.... Its like paying for a prostitute and having to take her out to dinner too
01-20-2014, 05:14 PM
~~> uhmm.. excuse me sir,
i hope u dont take this as a bad thing. and get angry at me. this is just my opinion. Smile

"" im sure the devs are doing their best. and doing their job right. as for us, users. is it bad to just wait? the app is still imperfect. its not even on v1.0""

if you value your life, Do not talk to me.. Or you will DiE !

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\
01-20-2014, 05:23 PM
(01-20-2014 05:05 PM)Dark Complex Wrote:  Naw, still nothing. I guess i have to wait and hope on the new update. It's just a shame though that people who actually supported the gold version has to crack their heads to figure how to fix games when it should be the devs job.... Its like paying for a prostitute and having to take her out to dinner too

You should at least mention what PPSSPP version number you used and on which operatin system...furthermore it seems that you're the only one here who cannot run this game (for me it works perfectly on Windows XP - haven't yet tried on Android because I've still installed official 9.6.2), so couldn't it be that the problem is you (your system) and not the emulator?
01-20-2014, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014 10:07 PM by Henrik.)
If you're running the Gold version, I would suggest that you also try installing git builds. Both can be installed at the same time. The latest git build has this problem fixed.

http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

The gold version (and the regular one on Google Play) is not updated this quickly because it's supposed to be stable. In-development git builds are sometimes quite flaky.
01-20-2014, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014 10:52 PM by Dark Complex.)
(01-20-2014 10:06 PM)Henrik Wrote:  If you're running the Gold version, I would suggest that you also try installing git builds. Both can be installed at the same time. The latest git build has this problem fixed.

http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

The gold version (and the regular one on Google Play) is not updated this quickly because it's supposed to be stable. In-development git builds are sometimes quite flaky.

Well i only use the emulator on my phone, not on a computer. Being able to play psp games on android was what attracted me to it. However, there are games that runs perfectly without me having to mess with the settings. I've played crisis core, 3rd birthday, the star oceans, with no problem. Im currently playing tactics ogre. It just sucks that i can't play my survival horrors. Also, what is git? Once downloaded what do i do with it?
01-21-2014, 01:56 AM
>>>>> henrik-sama's link, will redirect you to a download site, get the apk for android, and install like the usual Smile

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\
01-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Wow, it's working now. Thanks.
01-27-2014, 03:39 PM
// i try this SCARY game,
really scary, but i managed to finish this game after 2 days!

# it was short story. Undecided

and the speed is full speed , no problem with game on my android. very nice! Big Grin

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\
02-13-2014, 12:15 AM
What settings do you use? : 'C is a great game but I have black screen
03-11-2014, 12:49 AM
hi, this game plays perfect on tablets quadcore, but i need help in level Obscure_The_Aftermath_PSP_20_A_Desk_Perched_High, i lost the cutting pliers and i cant find it anymore, please upload save state in this level "a desk perched high", thanks again
03-11-2014, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 01:19 AM by solarmystic.)
Apparently this game (along with Obscure 1) just got re-released for the PC on Steam.

I think I'll get it just to see how it compares with the PSP version on PPSSPP, graphically. Will be back with some comparison screenshots, if possible.

EDIT:- Hmm, apparently the the PSP version might be superior for the native 16:9 widescreen support that comes by virtue of the PSP's own screen. The PC version of the game doesn't seem to support fullscreen 16:9, it has black bars on the sides of the screen. The PC's assets should still be superior though.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1