Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP on Sony Android TV not working
03-20-2017, 07:44 AM
PPSSPP on Sony Android TV not working
Hello, I installed PPSSPP on a Sony Android TV. No problem installing the app but when installed I cannot control the menu of PPSSPP. I can move around the choices in the menu but when I use 'enter' nothing is happening. Anyone a tip what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance. Greetings Arjan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2017, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2017 09:10 AM by Asferot.)
RE: PPSSPP on Sony Android TV not working
What are you using for controlling the TV? If it is possible, maybe plug in a keyboard or a usb controller and try with them.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
03-20-2017, 02:50 PM
(03-20-2017 09:09 AM)Asferot Wrote:  What are you using for controlling the TV? If it is possible, maybe plug in a keyboard or a usb controller and try with them.

Thanks, I was trying to control it with the remote of the TV. Now controlling it with Dualshock ... working now. Thanks for the quick response.
03-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Filed an issue:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/9471
03-21-2017, 10:33 AM
Thanks, the following problem is that when the usb-stick is attached to the tv I can't find the USB path in PPSSPP to start the game. I tested it on my laptop, no problem with the usb-stick. The game started right away. Where to find my usb-stick path when hooked on the SONY TV. Thanks in advance.
03-21-2017, 10:53 AM
(03-21-2017 10:33 AM)arjank Wrote:  Thanks, the following problem is that when the usb-stick is attached to the tv I can't find the USB path in PPSSPP to start the game. I tested it on my laptop, no problem with the usb-stick. The game started right away. Where to find my usb-stick path when hooked on the SONY TV. Thanks in advance.

It should appear in the "mnt" folder of the device as another folder. the contents of the flashdrive are there.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
03-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Hey arjank, any chance you could try the following:

* With your working controller, go to Game Settings / Controls / Control Mapping and choose Test Analogs
* With the remote control, press Enter

Then report back which keycodes you see at this point at the bottom left of the screen, if any.
03-21-2017, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2017 05:00 PM by arjank.)
(03-21-2017 01:44 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Hey arjank, any chance you could try the following:

* With your working controller, go to Game Settings / Controls / Control Mapping and choose Test Analogs
* With the remote control, press Enter

Then report back which keycodes you see at this point at the bottom left of the screen, if any.

Done: Here the results
code: 23 Device ID: 10[down]
code: 23 Device ID: 10[up]

(03-21-2017 10:53 AM)Asferot Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 10:33 AM)arjank Wrote:  Thanks, the following problem is that when the usb-stick is attached to the tv I can't find the USB path in PPSSPP to start the game. I tested it on my laptop, no problem with the usb-stick. The game started right away. Where to find my usb-stick path when hooked on the SONY TV. Thanks in advance.

It should appear in the "mnt" folder of the device as another folder. the contents of the flashdrive are there.

Only seeing this in MNT (see attachment)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-21-2017, 06:45 PM
I dont remember correct name but check in those folders.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
03-22-2017, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the code, 23, that's DPAD_CENTER. We should listen to that as an enter press, I'll fix that.
03-22-2017, 04:07 PM
Thanks Henrik
03-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Still no joy in the MNT folder to reach my USB-stick which is directly connected in the SONY TV. Any further tips ?
03-22-2017, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 07:01 PM by Asferot.)
(03-22-2017 06:41 PM)arjank Wrote:  Still no joy in the MNT folder to reach my USB-stick which is directly connected in the SONY TV. Any further tips ?

Mmm... maybe the stick is formatted in some weird way and the TV does not recognize it? What format is it? FAT32? NTFS? exFAT?
The safest format is FAT32. It is sure to be recognized by anything.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
03-23-2017, 06:38 AM
(03-22-2017 06:59 PM)Asferot Wrote:  
(03-22-2017 06:41 PM)arjank Wrote:  Still no joy in the MNT folder to reach my USB-stick which is directly connected in the SONY TV. Any further tips ?

Mmm... maybe the stick is formatted in some weird way and the TV does not recognize it? What format is it? FAT32? NTFS? exFAT?
The safest format is FAT32. It is sure to be recognized by anything.

The stick is formatted FAT32. The stick is recognized by the SONY TV because when I plug it in a menu shows what to do with it (video/photo/music)
03-23-2017, 09:04 AM
If it is recognized then it needs to be mounted somewhere. I dont really know where but there needs to be a folder where it is mounted.

Everything is Hitsuzen!