Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about PPSSPP's emulation speed-toggle
03-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Question about PPSSPP's emulation speed-toggle
I recently upgraded my PC, but for some reason when I use this function, I only get a speed increase of around 100% whereas my old PC with very outdated hardware got increased speeds of around 500%.

I'm not exactly sure how this function works, all I know is that all of the hardware in my new PC is newer than the hardware in my old PC, and they both used Windows 10 - 64 bit. The only real "difference", I guess, is that my old PC had an HDD while my new PC has an SSD.

Does anyone know what I could do to make the speed-toggle a bit faster?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Question about PPSSPP's emulation speed-toggle
did you changed any scaling/filtering/rendering resolution to higher value? like from 2x to 5x and so go on? cause that could be the problem

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
03-13-2017, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 01:25 AM by Dtxtream.)
(03-13-2017 04:11 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  did you changed any scaling/filtering/rendering resolution to higher value? like from 2x to 5x and so go on? cause that could be the problem
I haven't changed any settings, but just in case I reset all the settings to default.
Doesn't seem to change anything.

I also followed the pinned thread to get the maximum performance out of PPSSPP and it ended up giving me huge speed increases, but terrible FPS.
03-16-2017, 02:47 AM
Update: Nevermind, I just found out that I somehow was using a very outdated version of PPSSPP even though I could've sworn I downloaded the latest version.

Everything's running much better now.