Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nvidia Shield and video recording!
02-26-2017, 08:07 AM
RE: Nvidia Shield and video recording!
(02-26-2017 04:36 AM)Asferot Wrote:  Did something else change? Did you install some other software that could be hugging resources in the background? Also. Viruses for Android is a thing.

Hey! Thanks for showing a sign of life in my thread! Big Grin Appreciate it.

Well, according to my tablet, I have around 800mb of RAM memory free for both Nvidia Share + PPSSPP to use. When I turn them on, I believe that number goes down to 400mb (don't quote me, I'd have to check for sure.) I also turn off wi-fi when recording and I keep the tablet in Do Not Disturb mode, which stops notifications.

However, I will have to look into background processes. Hmm. Any tips on where to start there? Is there an actually decent app out there that can manage this sort of thing? I honestly don't think the tablet is running *too* many background services, because it's usually rather snappy and fast, but perhaps there is some weird thing going on somewhere.

Played again tonight and it was alright, but a few of the spell effects hit my FPS pretty good. Usually when I turn on Auto Framskipping (set to 1) I get an undesirable effect to my overall FPS. Whereas the game will run 45-60 FPS at all times on Non-buffered, When buffered with Frameskip set to 1 it will go down to 22-25 at times and generally run more sluggishly. I would keep it Non-buffered at all times, but then I get the occasional dip to 93-95% speed when a lot is going on, thus the crackly audio annoyances. Smile

I will double check the background processes stuff. Any other ideas for a little bit of extra performance in the .ini file? I see a lot of various options there but am not really sure what is worth tweaking.

Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia Shield and video recording! - fluent - 02-26-2017 08:07 AM