Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nvidia shield TV - nougat upgrade fixes Vulkan
01-27-2017, 04:51 AM
Nvidia shield TV - nougat upgrade fixes Vulkan
The latest update fixes vulkan oin the shield TV.
how can we re-enable the Vulkan optiop on android manually? would like to give it a go now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Nvidia shield TV - nougat upgrade fixes Vulkan
I think PPSSPP chooses correct EGL path automatically which should mean the only way Vulkan being currently disabled(on android, other non-windows platforms doesn't have it at all;p) is by hiding the option in the ui.

In which case as long as you're using new version from buildbot you should be able to test it by editing ppsspp.ini(under PSP/SYSTEM on sd card) and changing:
Code:
GPUBackend = 0
to
Code:
GPUBackend = 3
(should be under "[Graphics]")

Also don't forget to set up non buffered rendering as only that's currently made for vulkan - which also means only simpler games can use it, possibly with even lower compatibility than the same mode in OGL/GLES.
If you end up with stuff crashing and/or black screen then you probably experienced Vulkan because it wasn't really working on android yet, but you're free to try, chances are it does work somewhat, just not with games it was tested by others.

If the results are any better, chances are you simply aren't using Vulkan and it requires some code changes to test aka custom build;].

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-14-2017, 07:10 AM
(01-28-2017 03:30 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  I think PPSSPP chooses correct EGL path automatically which should mean the only way Vulkan being currently disabled(on android, other non-windows platforms doesn't have it at all;p) is by hiding the option in the ui.

In which case as long as you're using new version from buildbot you should be able to test it by editing ppsspp.ini(under PSP/SYSTEM on sd card) and changing:
Code:
GPUBackend = 0
to
Code:
GPUBackend = 3
(should be under "[Graphics]")

Also don't forget to set up non buffered rendering as only that's currently made for vulkan - which also means only simpler games can use it, possibly with even lower compatibility than the same mode in OGL/GLES.
If you end up with stuff crashing and/or black screen then you probably experienced Vulkan because it wasn't really working on android yet, but you're free to try, chances are it does work somewhat, just not with games it was tested by others.

If the results are any better, chances are you simply aren't using Vulkan and it requires some code changes to test aka custom build;].

Thanks Luna, I gave that a go, and it's very glitchy still.
I'll wait patiently :-)
02-16-2017, 08:59 AM
I'll hopefully find some time to give the Vulkan backend some more love once D3D11 and the UWP port are done. The recent refactoring work for D3D11 reduces the amount of effort needed since now more code is shared between the backends.