Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
display raw framebuffer on android?
03-30-2013, 06:14 PM
display raw framebuffer on android?
Hey devs, could you put a settings to enable/disable "display raw frame buffer"[/quote]? Since there are a lot of emulators working it could be useful (instead of glitched screens)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 06:31 PM
RE: display raw framebuffer on android?
It doesn't work the same way in PSP generaly as a hardware if I get exactly what you mean.You could technicaly do it but you'd get weird results, like you could get just a set of the onscreen textures, missing HUDs, or weird stuff on God Of War series the way it treats framebuffer. Your best and nearest option is the buffered rendering option.
03-30-2013, 06:46 PM
(03-30-2013 06:31 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  It doesn't work the same way in PSP generaly as a hardware if I get exactly what you mean.You could technicaly do it but you'd get weird results, like you could get just a set of the onscreen textures, missing HUDs, or weird stuff on God Of War series the way it treats framebuffer. Your best and nearest option is the buffered rendering option.

well I'm talking about using it on emulators since the menus are terribly glitched with or without buffered rendering
03-31-2013, 02:04 AM
Yes, but the raw framebuffer does not mean on PSP what you think. Most of the times you'll get the glitches I mentioned, it just doesn't work that way on PSP. It's possible let's say on PSOne emus but not on PSP, it handles differently the framebuffer than the emulator could constantly expect to.
03-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Well, the display framebuffer stuff isn't perfect but it's possible to do the same in Android as we do on Windows.

The main problem is lack of space for options on smaller screens, I'll add this when I redesign the UI.
03-31-2013, 10:29 PM
(03-31-2013 08:50 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Well, the display framebuffer stuff isn't perfect but it's possible to do the same in Android as we do on Windows.

The main problem is lack of space for options on smaller screens, I'll add this when I redesign the UI.

What about putting 2 pages for settings? Would be easiest method for the UI right now
04-01-2013, 02:08 AM
(03-31-2013 10:29 PM)Vincentmrl Wrote:  
(03-31-2013 08:50 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Well, the display framebuffer stuff isn't perfect but it's possible to do the same in Android as we do on Windows.

What about putting 2 pages for settings? Would be easiest method for the UI right now

Or having Categories? Click settings and you choose a category, i.e. video, audio, input, misc. etc. Then the settings options themselves would be sorted accordingly.
04-01-2013, 04:43 PM
(04-01-2013 02:08 AM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  Or having Categories? Click settings and you choose a category, i.e. video, audio, input, misc. etc. Then the settings options themselves would be sorted accordingly.

That is what I would do too:

[Image: ppssppsettings.png]
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Thumbs Up RE: display raw framebuffer on android?
leftover space separating by category.
very good, I liked it
04-27-2013, 02:01 PM
any news about raw framebuffer for android?
04-27-2013, 03:37 PM
(04-27-2013 02:01 PM)brujo55 Wrote:  any news about raw framebuffer for android?

raven02 just made a pull request on github to add it, we'll see how it goes.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
04-27-2013, 03:44 PM
nice.
04-27-2013, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 09:24 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
Raven needs to make a few UI changes and it will be pulled. It will be neat to see if this fixes things on mobile platforms.

Raw fame buffer is now available on android and other platforms!