Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is the perfomance of the PPSSPP on the Chromebooks with the Playstore Enabled?
08-21-2016, 11:17 PM
Information How is the perfomance of the PPSSPP on the Chromebooks with the Playstore Enabled?
A good day to you guys!Big Grin

Just asking the question above, because I plan to buy a chromebook sometime in the future for traveling, for traveling with a gaming laptop is a bit of a bad security option to me and chromebooks are lighter and does what I want them to do already.

Thanks for the replies guys.Big Grin

P.S. Sorry if there are no builds for the PPSSPP for chromebooks, I was just asking this theoretical question.Tongue

I love reading Japanese Light Novels!
I'm also a God Eater and a Monster Hunter!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2016, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2016 12:28 AM by Accel.)
RE: How is the perfomance of the PPSSPP on the Chromebooks with the Playstore Enabled?
From what I remember, Chromebook is NOT VERY recommended for PPSSPP, I think its related to really shit gpu/cpu
Just get a normal laptop

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
08-22-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: How is the perfomance of the PPSSPP on the Chromebooks with the Playstore Enabled?
Chromebooks like any android/pc device can have good hardware or really really bad hardware. The major issues you might run into are

Limited storage, some chromebooks have limited to almost nonexistent storage and PSP iso/cso files can take hundreds of megs to 2+GB. Not a nice combo.

Low powered/ just bad chipsets. Some chromebooks run allwinner or rockchip processors who's cpu/gpu are as bad as accel implies and some even used the atom n455 chips from when atom chips were far worse then even bad ARM chips. On the flip side some use core i5 processors and 4GB ram which (assuming ppsspp android can support it) should be more then enough to run it well.

Lastly, Price. If you get a cromebook that is good enough (onboard storage above 8/16GB and a reasonably fast processor) you are looking at a chromebook as pricy as a real laptop. And at that price a chromebook is just a bad buy, unless you really really really need an OS that is not an OS or some other obscure reason and even then you could buy a lightweight windows laptop and dual boot chrome and get better compatibility and more bang for your buck. If you want a chromebook to be a hipster, well then just buy the pixel C and it will do fine.
08-22-2016, 06:51 AM
(08-22-2016 01:31 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  Chromebooks like any android/pc device can have good hardware or really really bad hardware. The major issues you might run into are

Limited storage, some chromebooks have limited to almost nonexistent storage and PSP iso/cso files can take hundreds of megs to 2+GB. Not a nice combo.

Low powered/ just bad chipsets. Some chromebooks run allwinner or rockchip processors who's cpu/gpu are as bad as accel implies and some even used the atom n455 chips from when atom chips were far worse then even bad ARM chips. On the flip side some use core i5 processors and 4GB ram which (assuming ppsspp android can support it) should be more then enough to run it well.

Lastly, Price. If you get a cromebook that is good enough (onboard storage above 8/16GB and a reasonably fast processor) you are looking at a chromebook as pricy as a real laptop. And at that price a chromebook is just a bad buy, unless you really really really need an OS that is not an OS or some other obscure reason and even then you could buy a lightweight windows laptop and dual boot chrome and get better compatibility and more bang for your buck. If you want a chromebook to be a hipster, well then just buy the pixel C and it will do fine.

Thanks for the reply guys

Welp, Imma buy and old Ideapad Then

I love reading Japanese Light Novels!
I'm also a God Eater and a Monster Hunter!