Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Help - Android - Reading ROMS from a USB OTG disk
08-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Question Help - Android - Reading ROMS from a USB OTG disk
Hi All,

I'm using the latest PPSSPP 1.2.2 on my Nexus 6P phone, and would much rather keep the ROMs on a USB disk than on the phone itself. I can mount the disk fine using a OTG cable and can browse to it using Solid Explorer, but when i browse to it using PPSSPP, I can only get to the root of the disk, and it shows as if it was empty.

I'm guessing PPSPP needs to be granted read permission to the mounted folder right? Anyone has any idea how I can do that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Help - Android - Reading ROMS from a USB OTG disk
First off are you sure that the usb drive is formated in a format android can read? Can you read the drive in any program on android?
08-05-2016, 10:41 AM
(08-03-2016 03:25 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  First off are you sure that the usb drive is formated in a format android can read? Can you read the drive in any program on android?

Yep, I can browse the drive using Solid Explorer, I can listen to music using Player Pro, and play videos with MX Player.
08-18-2016, 10:00 PM
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Please answer I'm very desperate
08-18-2016, 10:43 PM
I did some testing, but it works fine (sans bad performance due to the cheep flash drive I was using) for me on my android tablet.

But I am using a Galaxy Tab S which is rooted and running a different modified kernal (based off of 5.0.2)

I was hoping that it was simply an issue with your device reading the drive in any program but file explorers (like Solid Explorer, or my personal choice Total Comander), since something like that would probably have been looked at by the people over at the xda forums and they might have had some solutions.
08-27-2016, 05:51 PM
Same problem here... Seems to a be a problem with the updated permissions from Android Marshmallow. With Nougat on the horizon and still no fix to this I'm honestly just a little peeved since my phone has a non-expandable 32GB memory...