Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Wild Arms XF
12-12-2013, 09:14 AM
RE: Wild Arms XF
Ok I have been trying to play this game, but I still have the floating characters bug. You guys talk about a fixed version, but I cant figure out where to get that fixed version can some one direct me to it? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 11:44 AM by pigyman.)
(12-12-2013 09:14 AM)EristheDisco Wrote:  Ok I have been trying to play this game, but I still have the floating characters bug. You guys talk about a fixed version, but I cant figure out where to get that fixed version can some one direct me to it? Thanks.

http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html
look at the bottom part, but it didn't work for me, i am still using v091
Smile
12-13-2013, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 10:46 AM by Ashe Delaire.)
(12-12-2013 11:43 AM)pigyman Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 09:14 AM)EristheDisco Wrote:  Ok I have been trying to play this game, but I still have the floating characters bug. You guys talk about a fixed version, but I cant figure out where to get that fixed version can some one direct me to it? Thanks.

http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html
look at the bottom part, but it didn't work for me, i am still using v091
Smile

Since I lacked the time I only tested for half an hour or so, but it seems like the game is playable as of Version 0.9.6 (or version "v0.9.6-16-g876021c" to be exact). No floating characters, saving and menus are working just fine, and I didn't find any other bugs or errors.

My Settings:

- VSync: off
- Postprocessing Shader: off
- Rendering Resolution: auto
- Window Size: x2
- Rendering Mode: Buffered Rendering
(half-screen with "Non-Buffered Rendering", crashes with CPU; GPU)
- Frameskipping: off
- Texture Filtering: Nearest
- Texture Scaling: 1.) off, 2.) xBRZ 3.) Deposterize: off
- Hardware Transform: on
- Vertex Cache: on
- Enable Sound: on (quality is good)

Maybe someone else could confirm this. I'll try a bit more when I get the time.

Edit: Just remembered I found one bug, but it's a minor one. When shopping, the screen for regular items is black while the screens for weapon and armor items are shown correct. But you can decipher which item is which since the itemdiscription is shown correctly.
Also the screen for regular items is shown correcly in the menu. It's only black while shopping. Kinda strange bug ...

Edit 2: I think I understand the bug now. The selection screen is black when there are more "items" selectable than can be shown in one screen, or else: When you can scroll up and down, then the screen is black. When you can't, then it's shown correctly.
12-14-2013, 04:05 PM
(12-13-2013 02:48 PM)Ashe Delaire Wrote:  Edit: Just remembered I found one bug, but it's a minor one. When shopping, the screen for regular items is black while the screens for weapon and armor items are shown correct. But you can decipher which item is which since the itemdiscription is shown correctly.
Also the screen for regular items is shown correcly in the menu. It's only black while shopping. Kinda strange bug ...

Edit 2: I think I understand the bug now. The selection screen is black when there are more "items" selectable than can be shown in one screen, or else: When you can scroll up and down, then the screen is black. When you can't, then it's shown correctly.
That's what I described in the Post: #57. But then (0.9.5) the screen was blue, now it is black.
12-15-2013, 06:36 AM
(12-14-2013 04:05 PM)Abelus Wrote:  
(12-13-2013 02:48 PM)Ashe Delaire Wrote:  Edit: Just remembered I found one bug, but it's a minor one. When shopping, the screen for regular items is black while the screens for weapon and armor items are shown correct. But you can decipher which item is which since the itemdiscription is shown correctly.

That's what I described in the Post: #57. But then (0.9.5) the screen was blue, now it is black.

Oh, I think I overread this, or I just didn't remember... Sorry.
12-16-2013, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2013 08:46 AM by [Unknown].)
The scrolling menu thing is fixed now, although the framebuffer size/video issues remain currently.

Is everything else good?

-[Unknown]
12-17-2013, 09:58 PM
(12-16-2013 08:46 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The scrolling menu thing is fixed now, although the framebuffer size/video issues remain currently.

Is everything else good?

-[Unknown]

I can only test on my (5 years old) laptop since I'm not at home for 2 weeks since yesterday. The scrolling menus are visible, but the text is quite ... clipped or distorted. But it's legible. Maybe it's because off my laptop.

I didn't notice any other issues up till now.
12-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Yeah, that's the framebuffer size issue. For now, if you make a savestate and then load it, it will go away in most places.

-[Unknown]
01-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Err do you remember what build the scrolling was fixed?
01-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Sometime after the intro and videos were broken by framebuffer sizing.

-[Unknown]
01-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Same issue here on latest build (v0.9.6-531-gb15ead5). Scrolling text is garbled sometimes and ingame gfx is garbled when moving characters around the area.
It can be reproduced by going to 'Change class' screen and put cursor on 'Dandelion Shot', but it happens in other places too. If alt tabbing into windows and back, gfx artifacts are gone for awhile then they come back again. A rather minor but annoying issue, other than that game seems to be playable .
On unrelated note, emulator is crashing when loading savestate that was done with different settings than current ones ( particularly rendering mode setting from buffered to nonbuffered).
03-11-2014, 08:33 PM
mine got frozen in this scene (see my attachment)
can anyone help me??? :'(

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Game is playabe on my laptop with Intel Dual Core Processor and Intel GMA HD integrated Graphics althought sometimes some text is garbled along with slowdown in some areas [large battlefields] but definitely playable.
04-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Moved Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-17-2014, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2014 09:24 AM by Kitsame.)
Found a bug when playing in non-buffered rendering mode.
Everything is playing fine till first battle after prologue (the one with the dog), and then, if i use Originals attack (in this example, Howling Shot with girl MC), sometimes i get screen like pic i posted here.

Before original attack
After original attack

Sometimes same thing happen with male MC when he attacks due to his special ability (attack out of turn when ally attacks an adjacent enemy)

It's like some screen effect from spell/ability is fucking things up.
I tried every setting, with speedhacks (including fast memory, I/O and multithread) and without them.

And funny thing is, it's normal on one enemy, and color-fuckup on other one in the same battle.And it's same thing if enemy also uses Original attack.Also it lasts till i kill that enemy or till end of the battle.
Normal attacks are fine though

Latest version of emu (0.9.8-414)