Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't play online with 3 players - Please read!
07-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Can't play online with 3 players - Please read!
Hey there!

Before anyone makes assumptions that I haven't read the topics, I already did, and tried lots of things, and none of them worked.

The setup is this:

There are 3 players (including myself, my bro, and my friend). My friend lives far away, and me and him can play without any problems.

Now when we try to play as 3 players, then whenever me and my bro tries to connect, one of us (the latter to join the room, we try to play MHP3rdHD btw) hangs up until the other one exits the room.

Note that we have the same external IP, because our ISP works that way. Also when we tried hosting via Tunngle, then it worked, we've seen each other, but when we started a quest the game took a very long time to load up (tried this without the 25% speed and without it), and then it instantly boots out my bro, and I get a communication error in 10 seconds or so.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Also it doesn't work on coldbird.net, the same things apply there (if we both want to connect then it freezes).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2016, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 11:40 AM by tywald.)
RE: Can't play online with 3 players - Please read!
Do you wait when it freezes? Because it's intentional that it freezes for ~10s if it fails to connect, it will say "Communication error has occurred".

Usually when you get kicked out when quests starts it's almost always the firewall's fault or other programs that can block incoming and outgoing connections, for some disabling anti-virus helps like mcafee.

Fast memory should be turned off as well in the options.

All of you should do this btw, if you are the only person who do and they don't it will most likely still not work because fast memory kicks in for them and that fails when you try as 3 or 4(2 seems to work but the option explicitly states it's unstable so just go ahead and turn it off).

It's not really that many tricks to it, you don't need the 25% speed thing anymore since v0.9.8-890-g1445d5a and most people nowadays don't use older versions than that so that's one factor out of the way so it usually comes down to those two things(firewall and fast memory).
07-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Now we get a Socket error (10061).

Also note that this error only affects me and my bro, and we use the same external IP address, but we are both on a different PC (of course).
07-03-2016, 08:34 PM
keep in mind to play on coldbird server or use external ip address (public ip address) there is only 1 device can connect. 1 ip address is only allowed to use for one device. if you and your bro use one same connection or ip address to play on coldbird it's won't work (its apply to with use of public ip address as server too) thats maybe the problem of your error. tunngle, hamachi, or evolve will solve your ip address problem. if you use same connection with your bro to play with your friend try using tunngle and use your ip as host then connect your bro to your ip, and ask your friend to join. the three of you must be on same network ex: (tunngle,or hamachi). i did this online method last year and its work, and remember use different mac address and disable fast memory like tywald said!

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
07-16-2016, 02:27 PM
I've tried with Tunngle, and sometimes we can see each other, sometimes we can't, but we instantly get disconnected when we go on a quest (sometimes one of us can stay in-game for 5 seconds or so, and then gets disconnected as well).