Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
06-29-2019, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2019 01:12 PM by LunaMoo.)
RE: Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Sharing my upscaling post process effects tweaks for this game as I'm sick of finding this game as an example of xBRZ not applying to every texture despite it's being one of the few games objectively BROKEN/GLITCHED by texture scaling due to it's tileset textures and bleeding effect.

.7z  SFA3 MAX.7z (Size: 5.71 KB / Downloads: 857)

Extract into PPSSPP/Assets/Shaders folder. Only tested on windows with modern dedicated gpu, might or might not work on other platforms/integrated gpu's/etc.

Here's how it looks:

The pack also includes xBRZ variant which is just a slightly different algorithm from 5xBR since someone claimed it's less playdough despite being overall same rounding algorithm designed for different art style and imo the game probably looks best just pixelated without neither of those effects.

Also take note those while upscaling shaders, are tweaked specially for this game, they will look bad in other games, in opposite to normal upscaling they also require increased rendering res preferably to one of your display resolution so if you have 1080p use x4 render res etc..

Higher render res works around texture filtering side effects that is blur if using linear or uneven/variable pixel sizes when using nearest, it also uses custom factors to match the textures so the scaling will look same as texture scaling in-game, through might look worse in the initial mode selection menus and will need some tweaking to look ok when not using widescreen mode as I tweaked it using that mode.
To be honest I didn't spent enough time on this as I lost interest after it looked "good enough", preferably for best result the shader should use different vertical and horizontal factors, might change that in the future if I find more interesting case for such shader since as said this game IMHO looks best pixelated.

Added versions for non-stretched mode and while I was at it also separated X and Y factors althrough because of that the final result might slightly differ.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2020, 12:56 PM
Sharing my upscaling post process effects tweaks for this game as I'm sick of finding this game as an example of xBRZ not applying to every texture despite it's being one of the few games objectively BROKEN/GLITCHED by texture scaling due to it's tileset textures and bleeding effect.

what do you mean by objectively boken? Does sfa anthology have this issue because it is naiomi? Is there no fix

Thanks!!
06-16-2020, 07:49 AM
檔案在哪...