Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
03-27-2016, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2016 12:16 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
(03-26-2016 08:28 PM)Thanos168 Wrote:  A very good day to you SIR !!!

I hope you day is going Great !!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS IN MAKING PPSSPP !!!

IT IS A EXTREMELY GREAT EMULATOR !!!

Every day, I spend up to 3 to 4 hours on PPSSPP just to make my day stress free !!!

Now to my questions ...

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64Bit on a Sager Gaming Laptop with a Nvidia GTX780M Graphics Card ...

Why is it every time, I play Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX on PPSSPP, I can literally see the speed of the game change when I am in the game ???

I always play Birdie and when I move Birdie backwards and forwards, for some reason, Birdie will move ... fast ... then ... slow ... then ... fast and slow again ???

I have change the game speed in the game to Normal and yet this happens ???

The game will eventually settle down to a fast speed ... which is "Too Fast" as I cannot do all the 360 Chain Grab moves with Birdie ...

Is there any way to make PPSSPP run at a slower speed ?

It seems like a timing issue ...

I can tell that the game speed is too fast for the game ...

Can someone please advice on this ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND KIND HELP !!!

Warm Regards as always !!!

Dr. David Bowman

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2016, 01:46 AM
Graphical Issue
Hi! GOODDAY. Can you guyz help regarding some graphical issue on playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max. I've been experiencing some graphic distortion as you can see in the screenshot. There are vertical lines appearing in one of the characters and it looks like its gonna divide it into two Lol just joking:). I tried every possible settings but always ending up seeing those bothering graphical glitches. Hoping for all your kind response. THANKS. What do you think is the best possible setting to fix this issue?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-17-2016, 02:55 AM
RE: Graphical Issue
It looks like wht happens if you are using linear filtering on a 2D game/UI element and the smooth not pixely borders around the characters seems to confirm that option. If you change texture filtering to nearest from linear or linear on fmv it should help though it will cause harder (more pixelated) edges.
05-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Auto also work

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
05-19-2016, 05:49 PM
I'm having the exact same issues, regardless of the settings. As far as i can tell it's a driver incompatibility issue with 2D rendering. I'm on android (Galaxy S2 4.1.2 JellyB).
05-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-05-2017, 10:19 AM
(11-15-2012 03:34 PM)slawomir Wrote:  Software/Game tested: Street Fighter Alpha 3
Game version(US/JP/EU/WWE): USA
File format(ISO/CSO/EBOOT): ISO
Compatibility level(nothing/intro/menus/ingame/playable): nothing/menus
Other info: broken screen, next black srcreen
Device: Rooted Htc Sensation soft 4.0.3
08-10-2018, 04:19 AM
I'm having an issue where my 2D sprites with filtering Lose the filter when in motion. Is there anyway to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

//i.imgur.com/XO3bPKh.jpg
08-10-2018, 05:41 PM
This has nothing to do with texture filtering, you're using cached texture scaling which requires stable textures for performance reasons and will not work on unstable/changing textures.

Disable texture scaling, if you really need it, use real time scaling(not available in official builds, it's also more demanding and applied every single frame which makes it lag fest if normal scaling causes at least a stutter), but I don't recommend using any form of texture scaling for tile based games like this as it causes artifacts - you can see them clearly for example on hp bars, but it's also within characters textures and other graphics, texture scaling will never work without glitches in games using tilesets for textures, it's just not possible with any algorithm in existence.

Either way you have only two choices for acceptable graphics:
- not using any scaling at all,
- using full screen scaling via post process shader like 5xBR(would be same, but it can't be same since this isn't PSP native game and resolution of texture to display would have to be 1:1 for ideal post process scaling).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
08-10-2018, 07:22 PM
(08-10-2018 05:41 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  This has nothing to do with texture filtering, you're using cached texture scaling which requires stable textures for performance reasons and will not work on unstable/changing textures.

Disable texture scaling, if you really need it, use real time scaling(not available in official builds, it's also more demanding and applied every single frame which makes it lag fest if normal scaling causes at least a stutter), but I don't recommend using any form of texture scaling for tile based games like this as it causes artifacts - you can see them clearly for example on hp bars, but it's also within characters textures and other graphics, texture scaling will never work without glitches in games using tilesets for textures, it's just not possible with any algorithm in existence.

Either way you have only two choices for acceptable graphics:
- not using any scaling at all,
- using full screen scaling via post process shader like 5xBR(would be same, but it can't be same since this isn't PSP native game and resolution of texture to display would have to be 1:1 for ideal post process scaling).

Thank you very much, I'll just turn off scaling and stay 10x internal resolution since 5xbr looks like crap on my 4k monitor.

Appreciate the information.
09-05-2018, 06:08 AM
How to download please im newbie
12-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Hey guys! I'm on NVidia Shield TV for my Android box and I've got the latest PPSSPP android version (of 1.7.5) but the problem I run into when playing this gem is the old problem the PSP had when it couldn't correctly read the memory card (I believe you needed it really "full" or something under 1024kb of free space?). I have my saves synced to my 2 Shield TVs and neither can "see" a memory card to save to and load from. Every other game I have for it seems to read the saves just fine.

But I also have these saves synced to my PC which does read the SFA3 save file just fine making me think there's possibly a setting I just don't have enabled on the android version. Do you guys know a mem card fix for playing this one? I think there were a few 1st generation PSP games that had this problem. Or is there a maybe just patch to the game itself? Thanks for everything!! You guys got me to get Gold quite a while ago Wink
12-06-2018, 09:56 PM
There's no setting like that.
This problem happens because of a game bug which also triggers on real psp with large enough memsticks, currently the only workaround is to place memstick on a drive which has less than 2gb of free space, this could be rather easily worked around by game specific hack, but nobody cared to do it yet. Probably limiting max memstick size to 2gb or even slightly under would be fine for most games, but there are games which have built-in features like video recording etc. which could suffer from such change, either way I believe it's already limited to max 9gb for the sake of some game, so the problem exists really only cause nobody cared to do anything about it.;p

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-07-2018, 12:33 AM
Hoooooly cow...I searched FOR-E-VER and found a fix to this in these forums. You have to enable cheats and make yourself a little ini file. It works like a champ!!!

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=22787
02-27-2019, 09:01 AM
Hey tripletap 007
Could you take me through the steps you did in order to get this memory card issue in world tour working
I am using Android and I can't get it to worj
Please help me tripletap007