Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Do you have any plans to add VR / Stereoscopic 3D Support?
01-31-2018, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 12:51 PM by Asferot.)
RE: Do you have any plans to add VR / Stereoscopic 3D Support?
Stereoscopic 3D is not really VR, but whatevsies.

Im talking about real VR, not pseudo or stereoscopic 3D. Sure with correct setup everything can utilize S3D to some broken and glitchy degree. But emulator devs are not obligated to develop features that maybe a handful of people want that were never present on the actual hardware.

This is why the source code is open. Stop posting demands and get workin. We eagerly await your S3D builds.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2018, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 12:49 PM by BenMcLean.)
(01-31-2018 12:45 PM)Asferot Wrote:  Stereoscopic 3D is not really VR, but whatevsies.
OK well that's just semantics. I'd like to see stereoscopic 3D for PSP games if at all possible. Getting actual VR with headtracking like that one video I linked would be really neat but may not be achievable for more than just a few games because of how hacky it is. But getting stereoscopic 3D to work should be possible for hundreds of games without game-specific hacks.
01-31-2018, 12:56 PM
Wait... So you are one of those people who just want to use their VR headset as 3D monitor and bind headtracking to anaolg input to control camera?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
01-31-2018, 12:57 PM
Well that's not the only thing I'd like to do with my VR headset but that does bring a neat new experience to old games, yeah.