Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Do you have any plans to add VR / Stereoscopic 3D Support?
06-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Do you have any plans to add VR / Stereoscopic 3D Support?
I dont know if you have any plans for this at this point, or if its not even possible, but do you have any plans to add VR / Stereoscopic 3D Support for android (Gear VR, Daydream) or even PC.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2016, 10:16 PM
RE: Do you have any plans to add VR / Stereoscopic 3D Support?
(06-07-2016 05:56 PM)Abz786 Wrote:  I dont know if you have any plans for this at this point, or if its not even possible, but do you have any plans to add VR / Stereoscopic 3D Support for android (Gear VR, Daydream) or even PC.
Hi there,
If you start your game of choice, press your go back button to access the PPSSPP pause menu, go to settings then on the graphics tab, scroll down to Google Cardboard option, tick that, and also change size of left & right images, from default 50% up to 100%(Half screen).

Hope that's of help,
Have fun. Cool
06-08-2016, 01:46 AM
Well, that's just cinema screen. It's not really VR.

There is a project that attempts to make this work for some games, but it's a fork. It involves a few things:

* Game-specific hacks. Only games that have been hacked worked, and sometimes they are buggy.
* I think it's only compatible with the Oculus Rift?
* AFAIK, it's linking with code that technically makes it a problem to distribute due to how the Oculus SDK is licensed.
* It's based on an older version of PPSSPP and I don't think it's being updated to use the latest PPSSPP code.
* The games that work generally have to be patched I think, although it's automatic.
* The hacks may be reducing performance (somewhat necessarily), so it may not run as well on phones.

Perhaps we will do something for VR at some point, but I would personally not like to go down the road to purgatory with such significant hacks.

All that being said, I think for the games it does fully support (search for "ppssppvr"), it's said to run pretty well. I've not tried it.

-[Unknown]
10-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Hello Unknown and Henrik, I hope you guys are doing well. Thanks again for bringing us this fantastic emulator!

Unknown....It looks like the gentlemen you refer to in your post, Carl Kenner, who started the PPSSPP-VR project, has disappeared completely from the VR scene altogether after the whole mess with Palmer Luckey, and he's shown no interest in coming back. This is so incredibly sad.

Is it possible you guys could potentially finish where he left off? I understand his work was very preliminary but it did show some promise. Are any of you planning on taking ppsspp down this road? If not then do you know of anyone that would? Because it would be extremely awesome to be able to play some of these games in VR. The only game I really want to play in all honesty is Ridge Racer 2. With the last release of ppsspp-vr, you can get in the game, and get on race track, but from there it's a graphical mess and completely unplayable.

Please chime in with your thoughts and let us know what the future holds for this endeavor. A proper and more polished VR fork of this emulator would be insanely appreciated!

Thanks for listening guys and keep up the great work! Smile