Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keyboard control help pls
05-23-2016, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2016 01:26 PM by Skyvongolaprimo.)
Keyboard control help pls
Hello, im new to ppsspp and i say first, i do read the beginner guide but i still dont get the controller mapping section. So help pls Sad

Problem i encounter: Afterr i download ppsspp, i go play corpse party. As usual, most of the games have an intro trailer before u enter to the start menu. In game, i can simply click the keyboard to figure out myself which button is for ok/cancel/menu. But while watching the intro trailer, i cant find the "skip" button, means that i must watch the intro again and again everytime when i want to play the game Sad

Im fine with the default keyboard, so can u list all the button on the keyboard? Example: Ok = Z, Cancel = x and so on...
Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2016, 02:00 PM
RE: Keyboard control help pls
If you go into the settings menu there is a section called controls and under controls there is control mapping. In there you can set or just see what each psp control is mapped to.

The psp buttons will not be ok pr cancel since those are more of a game per game basis you will end up with

Triangle
Square
Circle
X

Left trigger
Right trigger

Start
Select

Dpad up
Dpad down
Dpad left
Dpad right

Analog up
Analog down
Analog left
Analog right

In most games the X button is OK and the Circle button is Cancel, but that flips in Japanese games and some games released in the US and Europe.
05-23-2016, 04:07 PM
I know that already, i read the beginner guide. But the thing is i confused after clicking control mapping. In there have so much button, i dont know how to chg it and check the current button's keyboard letter.

Im not familiar to psp, only own a gameboy and ps2 many years ago :/

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-26-2016, 09:02 PM
The only important ones are as stated by TKSilver

To change the button mapping, click on the right of the box button (for example, Dpad Up. Click the box right to it) then press any key on your keyboard (minus the Alt key)

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
05-26-2016, 09:18 PM
in some games u can skip movies (if X or O dont work) by select or start or need to hold them for 5 secs but some like god of war or dantes inferno dont have any means to skip it

and then u can hold TAB button to increase speed of emulation and at last movie will last shorter

try it

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com