Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macross Ultimate Frontier
08-25-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 02:05 PM by rmat2004.)
RE: Macross Ultimate Frontier
Macross Ultimate Frontier
Played at ppsspp v 0.76

Problem (Unsolved) :
A. cannot load saved file
B. Random freeze
C. Some ultimate skill made the game stuck (not freeze)

Solution (temporary) :
A. cannot load saved file
- Use the save state and load state feature
- While at buffer rendering on, if the game is crashed when the file is loaded, don’t panic, 1st load at the intermission stage, and then load the desired file..
B. Random freeze
- To minimize the random freeze, you can toggle the buffer rendering on (f5), although this wont solve the random freeze, but only minimize it.
- Some stage transition (that has “mission continues“ segment) require buffer rendering to be off, otherwise ppsspp would be crashed.
- ALWAYS HAVE 2 save state file minimum, 1 for on stage state and 1 for intermission.
C. Some ultimate skill made the game stuck (not freeze)
- Most of time, the ultimate skill that caused stuck is the one with transformation sequence like transforming robot-gerwalk-fighter session, the solution is don’t toggle any transformation button while doing it.

I cleared the game by doing this, hope this help, and also try to save as much as possible  , I hope you guys can enjoy this game while the development team perfected this emulator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Those are all well known issues. Relying on savestates is a bad idea since they are incompatible between different builds and tend to be unstable.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-28-2013, 10:55 PM
If I remember even using save state you will eventually stuck/freeze in same place/time as well, so.....
08-30-2013, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2013 06:49 AM by rmat2004.)
(08-28-2013 10:55 PM)Razorback Wrote:  If I remember even using save state you will eventually stuck/freeze in same place/time as well, so.....

try to alter your move, always save state while pausing the game in case freezing

example :

player A pausing the game then save state the game using slot 1.
after save stating, he resume the game, 3 sec later his game is freezing

solution :

1. Player A can pause the game again after 2 sec, wait for 3 sec or more, then resume the game.

OR

2. Player A can also alte his movement, ex : he suffer freeze when he use missile attack. player A load the game, and use other attack like gunpod attack.

sorry if i sound smartass, but i try to share how to enjoy this game :3
09-01-2013, 09:51 AM
(08-30-2013 06:47 AM)rmat2004 Wrote:  
(08-28-2013 10:55 PM)Razorback Wrote:  If I remember even using save state you will eventually stuck/freeze in same place/time as well, so.....

try to alter your move, always save state while pausing the game in case freezing

example :

solution :

1. Player A can pause the game again after 2 sec, wait for 3 sec or more, then resume the game.

OR

2. Player A can also alte his movement, ex : he suffer freeze when he use missile attack. player A load the game, and use other attack like gunpod attack.

Won't work, I afraid. The freeze is more time-specific (i.e from observations it always crashes about 5-6 minutes after you boot the game) than action specific, so I suggest COMPLETE A LEVEL AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AND SPEND AS LITTLE TIME AS POSSIBLE IN MENUS.
09-03-2013, 02:17 PM
(09-01-2013 09:51 AM)Razorback Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 06:47 AM)rmat2004 Wrote:  

example :

solution :

OR

Won't work, I afraid. The freeze is more time-specific (i.e from observations it always crashes about 5-6 minutes after you boot the game) than action specific, so I suggest COMPLETE A LEVEL AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AND SPEND AS LITTLE TIME AS POSSIBLE IN MENUS.

Actually this did use to work for me back on an older build, I don't think it works on the newer ones however. I feel bad abandoning my lurker status just to say that...
10-20-2013, 05:23 PM
the game is now fully playable! Big Grin the water texture is repaired but there is still black box on the thruster and NO MORE CRASH! ^-^

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Moved and updated the compatibility list. Smile

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
● Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.
10-22-2013, 02:56 PM
(10-20-2013 05:23 PM)Zetawarrior21 Wrote:  the game is now fully playable! Big Grin the water texture is repaired but there is still black box on the thruster and NO MORE CRASH! ^-^

What changed to allow it to work? Just using the latest ppsspp ver download?
11-04-2013, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 02:13 AM by Ashsaber.)
I have mixed feelings about joining the forum just to make this note but meh...

Anyways.

There seems to be a crash with both this game and Triangle Frontier when accessing a space-themed map.

That being said it's pretty random in when it shows up. Undecided

Amendment: There's also one point where the stage background isn't drawn at all.

I wish I can provide a detailed report that'll at least give some idea of how it's happening, but...
12-13-2013, 04:05 PM
This game should not be in the "playable" section, since its still hanging when loading any saved data, here a link for those interested in further information.

12-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Moved to In-game.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
02-14-2014, 01:21 PM
With the latest build both in-game save and load work! Thanks so much for your effort devs! This game can be moved to playable Smile

02-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Moved Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-10-2014, 02:27 PM
My game crashes when going to the 3rd mission on the Macross Plus campaign. Can anyone else confirm this? I also did some color editing using the in-game editor as well as renamed my player characters and support ,etc. Not sure if that would even matter but you never know.