Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macross Ultimate Frontier
07-23-2013, 04:06 AM
RE: Macross Ultimate Frontier
(07-22-2013 11:25 PM)Zetawarrior21 Wrote:  can someone tell me if this game will ever be playable? i really wanna play it badly! Smile

the game is now playable! i testing it and everything work! fine! except on the texture water ! ver 0.8.1-741

never mind guys it hang.... but! it is working better!

Does it hangs on the loading screen upon starting the game?

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2013, 10:28 AM
it actully hang ingame now lol but it is not in a certain time it's random
07-23-2013, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 11:09 AM by Razorback.)
(07-23-2013 10:28 AM)Zetawarrior21 Wrote:  it actully hang ingame now lol but it is not in a certain time it's random

Random or not these games always hang around ~5 minutes (after booting ) timeframe. Even save state won't help.

BTW move to Ingame please.
07-23-2013, 02:25 PM
pretty playable on my note 2 lte, framerate is good and consistent even when a lot is happening on screen, random freezes are annoying though, also there are bizzare black boxes on thrusters, and hardware tranaform error whenever i start a game

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-24-2013, 01:20 PM
No hardware transform error on Windows version however :\

The 'black box' could be unrendered blur effect, can't be fixed yet, but might have something to do with the buffered rendering.
07-24-2013, 01:54 PM
(07-24-2013 01:20 PM)Razorback Wrote:  No hardware transform error on Windows version however :\

The 'black box' could be unrendered blur effect, can't be fixed yet, but might have something to do with the buffered rendering.

Razorback, are you experiencing freezes upon loading a save? You know, the drill with most of Artdink's games.

07-24-2013, 10:49 PM
(07-24-2013 01:54 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(07-24-2013 01:20 PM)Razorback Wrote:  No hardware transform error on Windows version however :\

Razorback, are you experiencing freezes upon loading a save? You know, the drill with most of Artdink's games.

Yes, it hasn't been fixed yet ever since. AFAIK the games that freezes while loading a save are the Macross series (can't remember whether Gundam Battle Universe freezes while loading a save though).
07-24-2013, 10:52 PM
(07-24-2013 10:49 PM)Razorback Wrote:  Yes, it hasn't been fixed yet ever since. AFAIK the games that freezes while loading a save are the Macross series (can't remember whether Gundam Battle Universe freezes while loading a save though).

I'm experiencing the load freeze even on battle robot damashii now, but I can bet that in an older build It did load the save upon launching the game. Oh well, let's hope for a fix one day.

07-27-2013, 12:00 PM
(07-24-2013 10:52 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(07-24-2013 10:49 PM)Razorback Wrote:  Yes, it hasn't been fixed yet ever since. AFAIK the games that freezes while loading a save are the Macross series (can't remember whether Gundam Battle Universe freezes while loading a save though).

I'm experiencing the load freeze even on battle robot damashii now, but I can bet that in an older build It did load the save upon launching the game. Oh well, let's hope for a fix one day.

it is unfortunate such a good game keep freezing i really wish it is fix one day to! Smile
07-27-2013, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2013 12:37 PM by Razorback.)
(07-27-2013 12:00 PM)Zetawarrior21 Wrote:  it is unfortunate such a good game keep freezing i really wish it is fix one day to! Smile

These Artdink games always being one hell of games to be emulated sadly.

Especially the '5 minutes hang' bug is more or less mysterious IMHO.
07-27-2013, 12:41 PM
(07-27-2013 12:36 PM)Razorback Wrote:  
(07-27-2013 12:00 PM)Zetawarrior21 Wrote:  it is unfortunate such a good game keep freezing i really wish it is fix one day to! Smile

These Artdink games always being one hell of games to be emulated sadly.

Especially the '5 minutes hang' bug is more or less mysterious IMHO.

indeed but atleast we got working that other game that was freezing or hang gundam battle universe was it? so if that game can be fixed macross Ultimate frontier somehow can be fixed it jsut a question of time!
07-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that the random freezes are caused by the sceAtracIsSecondBufferNeeded (as you can see here). What I don't get is why and when it does trigger, or rather, if it is really caused by some kind of audio I'm not even sure how difficult is to be fixed. But I would prioritize the loading glitch, what I find funny is that the jpcsp had the same glitch upon loading the game, but it was fixed from the revision 2856 or something like that.

07-27-2013, 03:18 PM
(07-27-2013 12:55 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that the random freezes are caused by the sceAtracIsSecondBufferNeeded (as you can see here). What I don't get is why and when it does trigger, or rather, if it is really caused by some kind of audio I'm not even sure how difficult is to be fixed. But I would prioritize the loading glitch, what I find funny is that the jpcsp had the same glitch upon loading the game, but it was fixed from the revision 2856 or something like that.

if jpscs can fix it ppsspp can fix it to just a matter of time yes?
07-27-2013, 03:37 PM
(07-27-2013 03:18 PM)Zetawarrior21 Wrote:  if jpscs can fix it ppsspp can fix it to just a matter of time yes?

Eventually it will be fixed, as you said it's matter of time, in conjunction with what developers are prioritizing right now.

08-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Why this hasn't been moved to ingame yet?