Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games Not Playing Music Or Cutscenes
04-28-2016, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 08:12 PM by vnctdj.)
Games Not Playing Music Or Cutscenes
So i've been kinda reluctant to install CFW on my PSP to extract UMDs as ISOs cuz of possibly bricking and ruining psp, plus i generally like the vanilla OS. so i downloaded an isos of games i own and the cutscenes and background music doesnt work. Namely Daxter when you start a new game just goes right to the you running around out front of the bug store and when you talk to the guy, it skips the dialogue and goes onto the next part.

Basically, im wondering if i turned on a setting, or if i need another plugin, or if its just a bad file and i need to make one myself.

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2016, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 12:44 PM by TkSilver.)
RE: Games Not Playing Music Or Cutscenes
Honestly the best advice would be to rip your own ISOs especially because there are a lot of ISOs on the internet with music/cutscenes removed to save space. People also used to remove the update files that came on most if not all psp UMDs. The larger the game (originally) the more likely this is to occur.

As far as worring about bricking your psp if you use a lcfw (light custom firmware), then you really do not have to worry about bricking your psp anywhere near as much as you used to. It also reverts back to ofw whenever you power down (not sleep) your PSP and requires you to use a fast recovery to start the lcfw again. Though unless you use something like cxmb there is no major difference between a psp running ofw and one running cfw, besides the fact that the cfw one can just plain do more things if the user wants to.
04-28-2016, 08:15 PM
RE: Games Not Playing Music Or Cutscenes
The discussion seems constructive, let's not close the thread.

Anyway, I recommend you this tutorial if you want to install a custom firmware without problems.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2