Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ps2 controller with ppsspp
04-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Ps2 controller with ppsspp
Hii guys need help i have ps2 controller which i connected to my anriod mobile via otg n ps2 to pc usb converter n i want to know can can i play psp games from ppsspp emulator by connecting ps2 controller i please reply thanks you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: Ps2 controller with ppsspp
It really really really depends on your android device and on the usb to psx/ps2 adapter your using.

Download one of the many gamepad tester/joystick testers in the google play store and make aure it is also supports usb hid devices (most do). I personally have used joystick tests by Bostwickenator. If it reads your usb connected gamepad and the inputs all work (if there in odd places that can be fixed in pretty much almost all emulators sondon't worry), then you should be able to use the ps2 controller in ppsspp.

If it is not recognized then check to make sure your android device supports usb-otg because a lot do not. If it does then odds are your usb to ps2 adapter does not send out a universal usb hid (human interface device) signal and odds are it requires drivers tonwork on a windows pc. If that is the case unless you make a program to intercept those signals and correct them to something android understands your ps2 controller will probably not work with anything on your android device.
04-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Sorry for late reply
Yes you are correct can you tell how can i do driver stuff i do have converter program i just want to know how to do please you
04-20-2016, 06:45 PM
If your adapter requires drivers or a program on the PC to work, then it will not work natively with an android phone/tablet/tvbox/ect.

As far as writing a whole new device driver for what ever particular version of android your particular device uses... that is a question better asked on the xda forums then here. I would honestly say the project is not worth it and depending on many many variables it may not even be possible on your device with this specific adapter.