Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Def Jam® Fight for NY™: The Takeover
07-20-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: Def Jam® Fight for NY™: The Takeover
I think you may just need to run a newer build. I'm on 8.1-612 on the note2 and it works at pretty much full speed. One of the best running games on ppsspp, as well as one of my favorites ever. One of the recent builds broke this game but it's been sorted out now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 02:42 PM by RayOfSpeed.)
I've been unable to get a US copy of the game working on any version I've tried; I'm currently trying (and failing) with 0.8.1-1173 (the latest as of this post). It loads the initial text (the legal disclaimer), then blackscreens immediately after. Using Windows, and not an AMD card. Any ideas?

EDIT: except this time. I reset the emulator and it randomly worked. What the hell. Um, nevermind?
08-31-2013, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 08:17 PM by AnimMike.)
So far on the latest version, v0.9.1-377-ga97e1c1, like everybody else The game just keeps staying in a black screen after clicking the start menu and going through the Logo.
Maybe their's certain Settings?
10-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Sorry for my bad English!
My solution for this game is:
I play with version 0.9.1
You need to use rendering mode - rendering buffered
Then you open the game normally, when the screen goes black going to emulation - stop
sometimes the second time you open the game go black again, then back to emulation - stop and open again.
Fuciona to me that way. I hope you do too!
01-21-2014, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 10:55 PM by taker236.)
I'm also having difficulty running this
I got the latest build of ppsspp on my android, got the cso of def jam, but when I start it I'm left with a black screen, am I doing something wrong?

edit: I was able to hear music, and move in the menu, but the screen is still black
01-22-2014, 12:34 AM
Turn buffered rendering on and off until you can see the screen. It's strange, I know, but it worked for me months ago, so it should still work now.

Video chipset: AMD Radeon HD 8400
Processor: AMD A6 5200 2.0Ghz quad core.
01-22-2014, 01:46 AM
really? just keep doing it til it comes on.

can you give me a rough estimate of how long i must do it?
01-22-2014, 01:55 AM
You should only have to do it once every time you start the game. It's just a simple switch. I'll admit, it's been awhile since I last played the game and I need to redump the UMD since I switched computers.

01-22-2014, 02:00 AM
ill give it a shot, had to get a new version.

so from what i see i start the game with buffered rendering on, black screen, then go to settings and switch it off, go back to game, get off game again and switch it back on, then it might come back on?

im kinda new to this, just got a Nvidia Shield and just really sinking my teeth into the emulation of the ppsspp
01-22-2014, 02:11 AM
Yep. At least I've seen that issue pop up only with this game. Most of the time, you don't have to change the default settings. If there's an issue, a quick read on a thread for that game will have a suggest setting if needed.

01-22-2014, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 02:38 AM by taker236.)
is the suggest setting in this thread?

and i have done the steps you suggested, i got the sound and can move and push buttons but still black screen.

edit: imma try to get another version, last one i got was a cso format
01-22-2014, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 03:21 AM by Hiruko.)
In this case, I don't what has changed since then. I could've sworn you had to do the switch on the main menu and not on the start screen, but I have to wait for days before I can redump this game since I need to borrow my friend's game to test it.
What I meant regarding suggested settings is that once in a while, you might come across an odd display issue with a certain game ie Tekken 5's health bars not showing their status when Hardware Transform is enabled, or some 2D games might have lines if Texture Scaling is enabled.

01-22-2014, 03:18 AM
hmmm well i am stumped then, i hear sound and can move but no video. even tried an earlier build and that didnt work either.
01-22-2014, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 03:22 AM by Hiruko.)
Turns out I still had the iso. Using ppsspp-v0.9.6-452-gd90b3a 64 bit, the game work fine and I didn't have to change any settings. Try posting your current settings and build. It could be either those, or it could be Android related, though I don't have an Android device to test with.

01-22-2014, 03:35 AM
ppsspp Build v0.9.6.2 android

no settings in the options changed

running ppsspp on the Nvidia Shield tegra 4 android

i was able to run MK unchained and marvel rise of the imperfects