Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP 1.2.2
03-19-2016, 08:40 PM
PPSSPP 1.2.2
Hopefully this should finally put those startup crashes to rest, went back to the old way of doing things.

So here's the list:

* Went back to the old way of initializing graphics on Android. Should fix many recent issues.
* Some graphical fixes, a vertex cache performance improvement and a screen clear optimization
* Fix for dual source blending on most SHIELD devices, causing graphical issues.
* Fix the homebrew store incorrectly unzipping some games. This will lead to more games being added.
* Slightly faster ISO handling
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: PPSSPP 1.2.2
Working perfectly for me. Sorry I wasn't around to test the build-bot's versions, but my health has been even worse than usual. Thanks for your hard work.
03-21-2016, 03:58 AM
Works perfectly for me as well. The issue on my Note 4 device running Android where PPSSPP would freeze if I switched apps and came back to PPSSPP is no longer there. Thanks for the hard work, Henrik.
03-22-2016, 01:05 AM
Hey guys!! Is Jeanne D'arc map still black in this version? I lost my save, and I don’t want to play it again just to see if it’s working!? If anyone knows something, please, let me know!!

Thanks

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
03-22-2016, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2016 09:59 AM by Spiff.)
I don't have a black map in Jeanne D'arc on this version. If I mess with settings I can get it to come back but with standard settings I don't see it.

Only thing is I've got quite a bit of audio stuttering. I can put frameskip on to make it better but then my fps tanks. Get around 30 normally but 20ish with frameskip.
This is the first phone I've used ppsspp on so I'm not sure if this is typical performance. Phone is Galaxy S7 SD820
03-23-2016, 11:30 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics have a glitch when any character do dash, the another chararters become on pixeled squares ant the screen turn in blue and nothing happen after.
03-24-2016, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2016 07:51 PM by vnctdj.)
Como hacer para que el ppspp no actualice
Hay alguna forma para que el ppsspp no actualice?
Tuve el ppsspp desde que casi comenzo pero deje de usarlo por que mi celular
dejo de funcionar en ese momento la versión más reciente era la 1.0.1
y ahora que lo vuelvo a descargar no puedo jugar a dragon boll z tag team en la versión 1.2.2
ya e intentado descargar la versión 1.0.1 pero despues se vuelve a actualizar me podrian ayudar Big Grin?

Gracias de antemano.

Edit by vnctdj : Please speak in English when you are not in the international sub-forum.
03-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Love the changes
03-25-2016, 04:57 AM
PPSSPP ver1.2.2 can be installed in LG G2 but cannot run the application. When i ran the app, it shut down and show nothing
i have to reinstall ver 1.1.1 to play. When i install that apk file in other phone it worked well
03-25-2016, 07:05 AM
1.2.2 no longer crashes/freezes when app is switched or receiving a call during gameplay. But game graphics become glitched and UI text is all jumbled up. So have to close app and relaunch. This did not happen on 1.1.1.

I am playing 'The 3rd Birthday' at the moment. Game loads faster in 1.2.2 than 1.1.1. Also in game menus load swiftly.

I was playing 'Brave Story' earlier. The issue that came after 1.1.1 (game dropping huge frame rate when fight begins) still remains in 1.2.2.

--
Sony Z Ultra Android 4.2.2
03-25-2016, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2016 05:50 PM by [Unknown].)
If you want to disable the effects in Brave Story, check "Disable slower buffer effects". These particular effects were unsupported in v1.1.1. The game is doing things that are kinda slow on modern GPUs, but we're now emulating those effects and we were failing to in v1.1.1.

In other words, it's a feature not a bug. But you can disable the feature. You may notice that some enemies and bosses are incorrect colors after disabling the feature. Or you may not notice or care. This same inefficient effect is used by a few other games, but not many.

-[Unknown]
03-26-2016, 05:35 AM
(03-25-2016 05:49 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If you want to disable the effects in Brave Story, check "Disable slower buffer effects". These particular effects were unsupported in v1.1.1. The game is doing things that are kinda slow on modern GPUs, but we're now emulating those effects and we were failing to in v1.1.1.

In other words, it's a feature not a bug. But you can disable the feature. You may notice that some enemies and bosses are incorrect colors after disabling the feature. Or you may not notice or care. This same inefficient effect is used by a few other games, but not many.

-[Unknown]

Hmmmm... makes sense. Have you played 'Brave Story'?? You sound a lot like the mage Ropple from the game. The way you write / explain / clarify things.
03-26-2016, 07:04 AM
Yes, I've played the game. I guess you're saying you don't care about the details or that I'm going over your head.

Put simply: your device is too weak. Buy a better one, or live with not playing it the way it was meant to be played. End of story. Is that simple enough?

You keep repeating this issue, I thought it was separate people, but you just keep repeating the same thing. Obviously you have not understood the previous times I've told you the same thing. I'm sorry that this is too complicated, but just understand that the game cannot work the way the developers wanted it to on your Android device. Maybe you should buy a PSP on play it on that.

-[Unknown]
03-26-2016, 09:51 AM
(03-26-2016 07:04 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Yes, I've played the game. I guess you're saying you don't care about the details or that I'm going over your head.

Put simply: your device is too weak. Buy a better one, or live with not playing it the way it was meant to be played. End of story. Is that simple enough?

You keep repeating this issue, I thought it was separate people, but you just keep repeating the same thing. Obviously you have not understood the previous times I've told you the same thing. I'm sorry that this is too complicated, but just understand that the game cannot work the way the developers wanted it to on your Android device. Maybe you should buy a PSP on play it on that.

-[Unknown]

Oh man... you ARE so oblivious to people's feelings. I understood very well what you said already. 1.1.1 was not actually showing buffered effects even if they were enabled. I finished the game long ago on my Z Ultra.

I was waiting for Sony to launch next Ultra but they eventually dropped the Z series. So I am waiting for a new 6"+ screen phone to replace my outdated Xperia.
03-27-2016, 04:53 AM
All game looks like having improvement.. in 1.1.1 i can't even open The Warriors.. now it works.. BUT... the framerate -_-' (FPS = 28 - 45%) on my Device (Lenovo B475, AMD A6, 4gb Ram)
And GTA Liberty City have problem for FPS too..

Sorry if i can't speak english well...