Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help!
03-15-2016, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2016 03:48 PM by sysmal.)
I need help!
Im playing monster hunter freedom 2. Im using save state slot 1 for myself while my brother uses save state slot 2 but i accidentally saved a state on the wrong slot (instead of mine which is slot 1). Is there any way i restore his own save state because its overlapped with the same save for both slots. Please help, Im using ppsspp v1.1.1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: I need help!
Not unless you have physically made a backup by copying the savestate folder saves to a different location on your device (PC, phone, tablet, whereever you play drastic). The only other way is hopefully your brother made an ingame save (not a savestate) not too far back from the save state you messed up and he can play from there. If you are on a personal computer the most drastic aolution would be to do a whole computer system restore (assuming you have this turned on) to a date hopefully very close to todays date. If this is not your own personal computer do not do this with out the express permission of the owner of the computer, a lost game save is a lot less of an issue then doing a restore point to someone elses computer.

This is a good lesson to always make backups of important things because some things you do electronically can not be undone.
03-16-2016, 04:16 PM
(03-15-2016 04:34 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  Not unless you have physically made a backup by copying the savestate folder saves to a different location on your device (PC, phone, tablet, whereever you play drastic). The only other way is hopefully your brother made an ingame save (not a savestate) not too far back from the save state you messed up and he can play from there. If you are on a personal computer the most drastic aolution would be to do a whole computer system restore (assuming you have this turned on) to a date hopefully very close to todays date. If this is not your own personal computer do not do this with out the express permission of the owner of the computer, a lost game save is a lot less of an issue then doing a restore point to someone elses computer.

This is a good lesson to always make backups of important things because some things you do electronically can not be undone.

Awww shucks. We are sharing the same computer and i guess its done for. Learnt my lesson though. Thanks for the help anyways.
03-16-2016, 09:13 PM
(03-16-2016 04:16 PM)sysmal Wrote:  
(03-15-2016 04:34 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  Not unless you have physically made a backup by copying the savestate folder saves to a different location on your device (PC, phone, tablet, whereever you play drastic). The only other way is hopefully your brother made an ingame save (not a savestate) not too far back from the save state you messed up and he can play from there. If you are on a personal computer the most drastic aolution would be to do a whole computer system restore (assuming you have this turned on) to a date hopefully very close to todays date. If this is not your own personal computer do not do this with out the express permission of the owner of the computer, a lost game save is a lot less of an issue then doing a restore point to someone elses computer.

Awww shucks. We are sharing the same computer and i guess its done for. Learnt my lesson though. Thanks for the help anyways.

i did suffer same fate even so i dont have brother i did save state on wrong slot losing all my progress

solution i found to that was just copy ppsspp to different folder

this way i have individual savestates on both ppsspp copies

its really simple solution but trust me can save u more trouble then u can imagine

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
03-16-2016, 11:30 PM
Generally I keep multiple copies of any emulator I use (PC only, too annoying to do on mobile). Mainly they are different versions for compatibility/performance reasons (an old playstation emulation trick). Inside each emulator I do after a playing session copy my saveatate folder to a backup folder (I also do this for in game saves on games that do not have unlimited slots) and I keep the last 2 backup this way I never loose more then 1 session of data.