Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No thumbnails for save-states
02-25-2016, 07:35 AM
No thumbnails for save-states
Before I go on, I just want to say thank you for this stable emulator!

I noticed the save-state folder has screenshots. Said screenshots display within the savestate manager under tools, but not within the save-state loading portion of the emulator. I can't find out how to remedy this. It's a little detail, but it comes useful later on.

Thanks for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: No thumbnails for save-states
By "save-state loading portion" do you mean when you start the game and press Esc to go to the pause screen(with the menus and the save states)or when you just press F4 to load a save state

The previews are supposed to be visible in the save state manager,in the pause screen and when you are switching between save states by pressing F3.
They are semi transparent when you switch between save states

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
02-26-2016, 05:01 AM
(02-25-2016 08:25 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  By "save-state loading portion" do you mean when you start the game and press Esc to go to the pause screen(with the menus and the save states)
This is what I meant. But I get no snapshot of the save-state.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-28-2016, 01:10 AM
Strange. Can you try running PPSSPP in a new folder, or try resetting settings to defaults?

Not sure what would cause that... what GPU do you have?

-[Unknown]
02-28-2016, 11:20 AM
(02-28-2016 01:10 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Strange. Can you try running PPSSPP in a new folder, or try resetting settings to defaults?

Not sure what would cause that... what GPU do you have?

-[Unknown]

I think I've figured it out thanks to your new folder method. What I did was a fresh install and at first it still wasn't working for me, but after a minute or so, I started seeing screenshots.

I compared settings from the fresh install to my current one and played around. I think what messed things up was the 'save path in My Documents' option. I disabled it and copied the PSP folder into the new memstick folder and everything started to work. I even used the installed.txt method as well, but I still got black screen-shots. Apparently I needed both unchecked (installed.txt and My Documents) for some reason. I find that rather odd.

Thanks for sparking the idea to fiddle around with those options. I thought it had to be under the graphics settings. I use OpenGL on a GTX 560ti. Just copying big ol PSP folder now.