Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP is just too awesome
02-24-2016, 03:10 PM
PPSSPP is just too awesome
I just never can think the author of the emu enough.

PPSSPP has to be the best wrote emulator ever. The interface is classy and the emulator has a logical goal of performance first vs accuracy which imho is the way I wish all emulators were wrote.

I just wanna say im truly amazed with how fast this is.

I just put together a old retro pentium 4 machine and its maxing psp games out!

My system specs are as followed.
Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
Pentium 4 2.8ghz HT
3GB DDR1
120GB PNY optima SSD
His 4670 1GB GDDR3 AGP

Im running psp games at 2304x1440 with little to no problems and with minimal configuration.

What I find truly funny is ePSXe runs worse than this does emulating ps1 games at HD. It goes down to a crawl with Chrono Cross and isnt even playable.

Its a shame the ppsspp team doesnt tackle a modern day ps1 emulator as really the choices we have now have long since become outdated and frankly are crap.

Also thanks for still supporting 32bit os and cpu unlike Dolphin.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: PPSSPP is just too awesome
I just started using PPSSPP a couple weeks ago and it is amazing. I have tried every other emulator there is such as Dolphin and PCSX2 and I have to say PPSSPP is designed better than both of them. First thing I noticed was good the GUI is for an emulator. All the games I have tried run perfectly with all graphical settings maxed out. Thank you to all the developers.
02-28-2016, 06:01 AM
RE: PPSSPP is just too awesome
You are probably doing something wrong or you are using the core gpu plugin in the latest ePSXe along with upscaling or/and xBRZ(there is probably something wrong with that plugin and those features because even on a really powerful pc,I can get half speed and even less)

Till two years ago I was using ePSXe(and PPSSPP)on the same cpu(P4 2.8Ghz HT)but on even weaker gpu(6600GT)and ePSXe was working fine(on any game and with enhancements to the graphics)...and PPSSPP on almost all games

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516