Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error Starting PPSSPP (Android TV - Asus Nexus Player)
06-06-2016, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 02:10 AM by magearden.)
RE: Error Starting PPSSPP (Android TV - Asus Nexus Player)
Had the same issue when trying to install from the play store, the latest version of PPSSPP gave me that error. Downgrading to v1.1.1 worked, but I had to Sideload it from this website. Hoping this gets fixed so I can use the latest version of PPSSPP on my NP :/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 02:32 AM
I think we've figured out that a security change in Android brought this about - the old version works for now, but might not anymore in future Android versions.

We have a patch that works around the security restriction by disabling FFmpeg optimizations (hopefully will have only a very small impact to overall performance.) There are some issues we're still dealing with, but this will probably be the fix that goes into the next stable PPSSPP release.

-[Unknown]
06-07-2016, 05:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that I used to be able to install PPSSPP to my Nexus Player from the Google Play Store but now it doesn't even show up at all. Hopefully, you can get it fixed and also get it to be Play Store installable once again. Be sure that touchscreen required is set to false in your manifest as well as the lines that say game equal true and to have it on the leanback launcher with the banner Smile Anyways keep up the good work my friend.
06-07-2016, 11:17 AM
As it crashes instantly on startup on NP, Google Play has disallowed the app on Android TV. Need to fix this...
08-19-2016, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2016 12:33 AM by magearden.)
Haven't been on here in awhile, sorry about that, anyways any news on this, has it been fixed yet, would really not have to Sideload an older version from the site if I don't have to :/
08-19-2016, 12:28 AM
Try the latest git build.

-[Unknown]
08-19-2016, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2016 01:50 AM by magearden.)
(08-19-2016 12:28 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try the latest git build.

-[Unknown]

Thanks, I tried it, the latest build works Smile yay, oh and FYI someone should really update the one in the Google Play store (preferably to the latest build), as it stands the current one in the Google Play store wouldn't even install.
09-07-2019, 03:29 AM
For me was the solution to move the app from sd-card to the internal memory.