Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1.2.1.0 update not so great!!
02-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Sad 1.2.1.0 update not so great!!
Spiderman 2: Phone freezes if screen is turned off during gameplay. Phone needs to be hard reset. This does not happen on 1.1.

Brave Story: Shows missing cutscenes but lags a lot when a fight begins. Does not lag on 1.1 with same settings. On 1.2.1 need skip buffer effects or disable slower effects to fight.

--
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2016, 05:48 AM
RE: 1.2.1.0 update not so great!!
Brave Story performs effects that are slow. If you don't want the slowness, check "Disable slow effects" in the settings. This may mean you stop seeing cutscenes, but you can toggle it at runtime.

Also, some things in the battle, such as the enemies, are rendering better, but it sounds like you're not very concerned about that.

-[Unknown]
02-22-2016, 10:07 AM
(02-21-2016 05:48 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Brave Story performs effects that are slow. If you don't want the slowness, check "Disable slow effects" in the settings. This may mean you stop seeing cutscenes, but you can toggle it at runtime.

Also, some things in the battle, such as the enemies, are rendering better, but it sounds like you're not very concerned about that.

-[Unknown]

BS has no visual/effects difference in version 1.2. Its same as 1.1. The only difference is 1.2 shows cutscenes missing in 1.1.

There was no need to "disable slow effects" in 1.1. But with the new update, game runs much slower (especially when a battle initiates). Its only possible to play with "skip buffer effects" or "disable slow effects".
02-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Yes it does. I'm not lying to you, I don't care if you don't notice them. An example is that rabbits in some battles are different colors.

Just because you don't appreciate the complicated graphical effect the game is using doesn't mean it isn't doing all sorts of things to make it happen. That's not how games work; they don't only get slow working on effects you like, they get slow working on effects that are complicated. This is true for PC games, Android games, and emulated games.

-[Unknown]
02-23-2016, 08:40 AM
(02-22-2016 12:14 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Yes it does. I'm not lying to you, I don't care if you don't notice them. An example is that rabbits in some battles are different colors.

Just because you don't appreciate the complicated graphical effect the game is using doesn't mean it isn't doing all sorts of things to make it happen. That's not how games work; they don't only get slow working on effects you like, they get slow working on effects that are complicated. This is true for PC games, Android games, and emulated games.

-[Unknown]

You are so rude man. Whats with I am not appreciating and all?? There is no color or effects difference in rabbits or anything on 1.2. It the same even I looked minutely.

I think its the removal of overlay cast that made the cutscenes work on 1.2. But the lag during battle is purely code related. Something was modified in 1.2 that is not utilizing a certain CPU thread.
02-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Please feel free to submit a pull request if you believe it's something to do with CPU threading. I'll be happy to review your submission.

-[Unknown]
03-08-2016, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 09:15 PM by MTPSP.)
This new version (1.2.0 & 1.2.1.0) not working at all on s4 mini !!! Black screen when i open the app

It was working before, for ex: 1.0.1 & 1.1
Why ?!!!
03-15-2016, 10:46 PM
version 1.2.1.0 of ppsspp is great but somehow the voice of npc in god eater 2 is missing. it become a silent battle with sound effect and bgm only. pls fix it thx