Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Mega Drops 1 & 2
02-17-2016, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2016 09:56 AM by daaa57150.)
Bug Mega Drops 1 & 2
Hi,

I just recently discovered PPSSPP, and since I developped some homebrews for the PSP back in the days, I had to try them. And they work great, it's so cool that I can play them on my PC and my Mac ^_^.

So I saw there is a Homebrew Store, maybe we could add them in it? They work perfectly on a Windows 7 PC and a recent Mac, with the latest PPSSPP version to date (1.2), that's all I can test.

The game is a musical puzzle game, I made 2 iterations, see the attachments.

There are also a few videos on youtube (played on a real device and low quality):

There are more of them but I'm not allowed to embed more than one, sorry...

Is this the right place to ask for my games to be in the store?

They can be downloaded here:
- daaa57150.free.fr/PSP/mega_drops.zip
- daaa57150.free.fr/PSP/mega_drops_2.zip

I also have a very old homebrew that worked on 1.5 firmwares, based on lua player, but this one just doesn't work. It's not surprising I guess since even on a real PSP with a firmware above 1.5 it didn't work anymore.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: Mega Drops 1 & 2
Mega Drops 2 works fine on my Android device Nexus 7 - Speed varies a lot though in game, laggy in places.
Sadly exiting out of the game crashes PPSSPP on latest nightly build - v1.2-11-g2a77ab7.
Tried all sorts of settings that I know that improve speed, but makes no difference.

Great game by the way, thanks for sharing. ?
02-18-2016, 07:31 AM
Looks cool! I will add it shortly.
02-18-2016, 08:38 AM
(02-17-2016 03:52 PM)KingPepper Wrote:  Mega Drops 2 works fine on my Android device Nexus 7 - Speed varies a lot though in game, laggy in places.
Sadly exiting out of the game crashes PPSSPP on latest nightly build - v1.2-11-g2a77ab7.
Tried all sorts of settings that I know that improve speed, but makes no difference.

Great game by the way, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for testing, too bad there are places where it lags.

(02-18-2016 07:31 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Looks cool! I will add it shortly.
Awesome Smile
02-21-2016, 08:27 PM
Added! Nice games!

If you know any other nice homebrew games that deserve a spot, let me know.
02-21-2016, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2016 10:02 PM by daaa57150.)
I tried to install them from the store but they both make PPSSPP crash, Mega Drops doesn't even load and Mega Drops 2 has weird sound issues and crashes when trying to play. I checked a few text files and they are weird, might be some unzipping issues?
For example: MegaDrops/res/i18n/en/PDR4C_menu.properties contains the text below. It starts with the real content, then a lot of gibberish and then maybe some clue. This is on my mac.

Code:
pdr4c_levels=Play!
pdr4c_frozen_easy=Frozen
pdr4c_frozen_normal=Frozen **
pdr4c_frozen_hard=Frozen ****
pdr4c_cancel=Cancel
pdr4c_credits=Credits
pdr4c_quit=Quit
pdr4c_djbeat_easy=DJ Beat **
pdr4c_djbeat_normal=DJ Beat *****
pdr4c_djbeat_hard=DJ Beat *******
pdr4c_howtoplay=Tutorial
pdr4c_mecha_easy=Mechanical G. *
pdr4c_mecha_normal=Mechanical G. ***
pdr4c_mecha_hard=Mechanical G. *****è˜ÄfløˇUÏèƒÒˆÉééŒi0>}◊o±SΩ˚æ=‰fly˛Û~|Ó)    t–Aß_Á4ü>éÎ∑˚)ÖîP ∑–Wt–AG]Á4ü>éÎ∑ª¬]jˇ“˜sTæ<>fijÂæÎCt˙uNÉÒÈ„∏~˚    ›∑JΩà_"W{
CÓ÷ t–È◊9
∆ßè£˙Ì%™>Îæ (¸˛.v∆Tâˇ1:ˆ”ØsåO«ı[¸=fl˝§¬ı.ü–—‚? ]ıÓ◊s_Œˆˆ¯¯‘D¸ƒ:ˆ”ØsåO«ı[¯¸v¯›Áà   îè˘ÌCt˙uNÉÒÈ„»~˚Ϻoë‚XÙ¸Èë~§ÓzIÏCt∆tNÉÒÈ„∏~
etc...
Code:
unsigned integer out of range.
CRC errorNot enough memory to decompress chunkNot enough memory to decompress chunk.Not enough memory to decompress chunk..Buffer error in compressed datastream in %s chunkData error in compressed datastream in %s chunkIncomplete compressed datastream in %s chunkNot enough memory for text.Unknown zTXt compression type %dOut of place IHDRInvalid IHDR chunkMissing IHDR before PLTEInvalid PLTE after IDATDuplicate PLTE chunkIgnoring PLTE chunk in grayscale PNGInvalid palette chunkTruncating incorrect tRNS chunk lengthTruncating incorrect info tRNS chunk lengthNo image in fileIncorrect IEND chunk lengthMissing IHDR before gAMAInvalid gAMA after IDATOut of place gAMA chunkDuplicate gAMA chunkIncorrect gAMA chunk lengthIgnoring gAMA chunk with gamma=0Ignoring incorrect gAMA value when sRGB is also presentgamma = (%d/100000)
Missing IHDR before sBITInvalid sBIT after IDATOut of place sBIT chunkDuplicate sBIT chunkIncorrect sBIT chunk lengthMissing IHDR before cHRMInvalid cHRM after IDATMissing PLTE before cHRMDuplicate cHRM chunkIncorrect cHRM chunk lengthInvalid cHRM white pointInvalid cHRM red pointInvalid cHRM green pointInvalid cHRM blue pointIgnoring incorrect cHRM value when sRGB is also presentwx=%f,
02-22-2016, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2016 08:08 AM by Henrik.)
Huh, it worked correctly on my PC. I will have to take a look...

I hid the games from the store for now.
03-13-2016, 12:27 PM
So the problem is a bug in the ZIP extraction in PPSSPP 1.2.1 and earlier.

There will be a fix in 1.2.2, and when that has been out for a bit, I'll put the games up again Smile
07-12-2017, 08:58 AM
Mega Drops 2 crashed emulator on revision 1.4.2-266. Here's debugged logs.

Attached File(s)
.zip  ppsspplog.zip (Size: 511.04 KB / Downloads: 1055)

[URL=https://matchnow.life]Real-life Girls[/URL]
02-28-2018, 08:31 AM
Nice!