Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Star Ocean: First Departure
10-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Star Ocean First Departure Issue
The game runs fine and the video quality is normal. However, when it comes to the characters on the screen, they are all invisible including the npc's. Even when I try to move the character around with the controls, the character is still invisible. If anybody knows how to fix this glitch please let me know on this thread. Also the version of ppsspp emulator I use is v1.1.1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: Star Ocean First Departure Issue
In my case, on stable 1.3 versions, this game slowdown if I move the characters. I use Direct3D due to my laptop no support openGL. Try update your PPSSPP version.
03-27-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: Star Ocean: First Departure
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-26-2017, 04:39 PM
I have an up-to-date version of PPSSPP, etc. The game plays the opening movie fine and then just stops, black screen, and the emulator freezes. Help?
12-28-2017, 03:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 03:54 AM by Ryudo.)
Figured I'd post a compatibility report using a more recent version of PPSSPP.

Title: Star Ocean: First Departure
Genre: RPG
Region: NTSC-U
Format: ISO
Version: v1.5.4-169 (Windows build)
Game ID: ULUS10374
Compatibility: Playable
Notes: I'm still in the process of playing the game, but so far after a good hour, it's running really well. There are a few texture issues going on where black lines are sometimes visible, but this is mostly caused by upscaling. Other than that there seems to be a slight sound issue when you enter the menus or shop menus or when transitioning between areas, where the sound basically hangs for like half a second. Nothing really game-breaking though.
Logs: N/A
Screenshots:
https://i.imgur.com/rQ7wyw1.png
https://i.imgur.com/91QGN4V.png

Still can't decide whether I prefer with or without texture scaling... in some areas one option looks better than the other.
With Texture Scaling:
https://i.imgur.com/V6HcGQm.png

Without Texture Scaling:
https://i.imgur.com/oay6rxs.png
12-28-2017, 07:33 AM
Thanks for reporting the menu slowdown. Created an issue:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/10466

-[Unknown]
12-29-2017, 06:51 AM
Latest git build should improve the stutter on menus.

-[Unknown]
12-29-2017, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2017 10:43 PM by Ryudo.)
(12-29-2017 06:51 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Latest git build should improve the stutter on menus.

-[Unknown]

Wow. You're right. It's completely flawless now. Smooth transitioning from menu to menu, and also when changing zones in dungeons, or when entering/exiting towns. Thanks for the awesome update!
01-22-2018, 01:42 PM
All Crafts freezes the game.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-23-2018, 06:47 AM
Are you using the latest version of PPSSPP?

What device? If it's a desktop computer, what graphics card and OS version?

Have you tried with default settings?

US version? EU version?

Doesn't seem to happen to me. Can you send save data (NOT a save state) and the steps to reproduce?

-[Unknown]
01-23-2018, 03:42 PM
The Vulkan render has a bug where the characters are seen through other objects like cabinets, chairs, and walls within rooms. This only happens on my Snapdragon S820 phone, but it's perfectly fine on my Shield TV. Damn crappy Qualcomm Vulkan drivers is my guess.
01-23-2018, 11:09 PM
Fixed. I had to turn off all cheats and debug mode then restart the game and start from save file from memcard.
04-21-2018, 07:03 AM
Exclamation RE: Star Ocean: First Departure
Okay, this isn't really a big issue, but if at all possible, I'd like to fix this.

Windows 8.1 64bit
Latest Stable Release (1.5.4)
can provide more info if necessary

04-22-2018, 02:33 AM
Hey guys, having a few issues with this, just downloaded PPSSPP just to play Star Ocean 1 - (really loved the 2nd game and never got around to playing the first one)!

However when I open the ISO, I run it, start new game. Then it goes through the first video up to where Millie says "lets go on patrol" then it goes to a screen change but just freezes and stops working. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know of a fix for this?

I'm playing on my PC which definitely has the specs to run this.

Cheers!
04-22-2018, 05:05 PM
(04-21-2018 07:03 AM)RunicAce Wrote:  Okay, this isn't really a big issue, but if at all possible, I'd like to fix this.

That's likely caused by using > 1x PSP. Sometimes glitches like that are unavoidable. I explain this problem more here:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...5#pid96345

(04-22-2018 02:33 AM)Sleepwalkerx Wrote:  However when I open the ISO, I run it, start new game. Then it goes through the first video up to where Millie says "lets go on patrol" then it goes to a screen change but just freezes and stops working. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know of a fix for this?

Strange - it works for me. Make sure to try the latest git build, and try resetting your settings to defaults. This game does require stencil tricks which COULD be not working properly in your graphics driver, so try updating it.

What GPU do you use?

-[Unknown]