Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Star Ocean: First Departure
05-17-2015, 07:00 AM
RE: Star Ocean: First Departure
(05-15-2015 02:09 PM)Prime14 Wrote:  Resolution to 1x to remove black bounding boxes on animated backgrounds.

That sounds like something that would happen only if you had force texture filtering or texture scaling on. Fires at least don't have black boxes at 2x.

Skips when switching to a new area or panning are related to specs or drivers. This game does something that video cards don't really directly allow, so it's not as efficient especially on older or weaker hardware.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2015, 07:56 AM
(05-17-2015 07:00 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  That sounds like something that would happen only if you had force texture filtering or texture scaling on. Fires at least don't have black boxes at 2x.

Skips when switching to a new area or panning are related to specs or drivers. This game does something that video cards don't really directly allow, so it's not as efficient especially on older or weaker hardware.

-[Unknown]

Texture scaling is off and I have no idea how to disable forced texture filtering.

You're definitely right on the skipping. Just tried it on my desktop(was previously playing on the laptop) and there was no sound skips at all.
05-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Can you give me an area / savestate / savedata where I can quickly reproduce it? Or do you get it on the fire in the first town after a new game, for example?

"Texture filtering" has four settings: Auto (on or off based on the game's decision), Linear (ignore game, force on), Nearest (ignore game, force off), and Linear FMV (auto + force linear when videos are played.)

-[Unknown]
06-09-2015, 07:14 AM
Hi everyone,
I need some help with the setting on this game using ppsspp 1.0.1.0.
ill be super happy if someone could provide me the most recommended setting.

ill be playing on nvidia shield tablet. my current setting has been messed up.
and everything is choppy and laggy now. and also black screen during the cutscene.

i have already tried google it and looked for videos on youtube for setting but none of them are meant for star ocean: first departure.
06-11-2015, 04:09 AM
Make sure you use "Buffered rendering" for the rendering mode. You want "Simulate block transfer" on, and "Disable slower effects" off. Most likely you want internal resolution at "1x PSP" or "2x PSP".

If in doubt, there's a section under System -> Developer tools to reset settings to defaults.

-[Unknown]
06-11-2015, 09:16 AM
(06-11-2015 04:09 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Make sure you use "Buffered rendering" for the rendering mode. You want "Simulate block transfer" on, and "Disable slower effects" off. Most likely you want internal resolution at "1x PSP" or "2x PSP".

If in doubt, there's a section under System -> Developer tools to reset settings to defaults.

-[Unknown]

thank you. i will set it rightaway and give feedback later.Big Grin
07-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Hi,

I've been reading this thread from page 1 til 15 but couldn't find anyone with the same issue I have.
I'm playing on an Android device, everything on default settings, except Frame Skipping (Auto).

So I just started the game and I have these diagonal black lines over my screen, which, as I move around with my character disappear and then reappear again. I tried different settings but the issue remains, unfotrunately.
If it helps, my device is a THL 5000 (chinese phone) which has a MTK6592 octacore@2GHz, 2Gb Ram and a Mali450 GPU.
Star Ocean runs very smooth acutally, but those black lines kill it for me. Hope someone can help Wink
07-17-2015, 06:10 PM
Have you tried Buffered rendering?
Enable Deposterize see if that help

just play around with settings

•Windows 10 (64-bit)
•Acer Aspire TC-605 with GTX 750 SC 2GB
•Tegra Note 7: Tegra 4 | 1GB Ram | 1.81GHz | Lollipop 5.1 | ROOT
•PSP-1000 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW
#ItsMoreFunInPhilippines
07-17-2015, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2015 06:56 PM by Lando84.)
(07-17-2015 06:10 PM)iKlNG Wrote:  Have you tried Buffered rendering?
Enable Deposterize see if that help

just play around with settings

Thanks for replying so quickly.
Tried both of your suggestions, but unfortunately it didn't help.
I have literally tried all settings turned on and off (though I do not know what all those settings affect).

Edit:
Added a screenshot

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-03-2015, 04:37 AM
I don't know if anyone else have/noticed this bug, but, after the credits and extra scene, I freeze on the SO Fin picture. Can't move on to do another lap.
08-04-2015, 09:08 PM
I've only been playing the game for a couple days, and out of habit, saved with a savestate the other day. Long story, just was in a hurry to get away from the computer.

Tried to load it today, and now get the error "Error: After "IntrHandler", found 0 (0x0) instead of save marker 66 (0x42). Aborting savestate load..."

I'm just using the standard 1.0.1 revision for a 64 Bit Windows.

This typical for the game or does the emulator have issues with savestates corrupting often?
08-18-2015, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2015 12:25 PM by pery_soy.)
Hi guys, I'm testing your emu in my pc with my favorite game, First departure, and i got invisible character. I put Rendering in OFF and now only can see character and chests when I move Roddick and when I stop invisible again. Could you help me?

My computer: W 8.1 x64,i7-2630qm, nvidia gt 540m. last version 1.0.1 (i tested 0.9.9 and the same).

Sorry for my english is not very strong.

Thanks for the job!

ED: SOLVED; reinstalled nvidia drivers and defaut setup
08-25-2015, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 12:33 PM by zenmoron.)
Am I doing something wrong? the game runs fine but when I hit a wall, or a solid object the audio stutters. I tried both the latest and the latest stable and the recommended options on this page. Using 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate.
09-20-2015, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 06:29 PM by Kuretsu.)
Hey guys, I have an issue with this game. When I start it it works perfectly but the moment I choose the name it just gives me a black screen.
I'm using the latest build on android.
09-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Hey. I got the latest version of the emulator, running it anything above 2x rendering resolution causes some black lines to appear on certain things. Is there any way to fix this? I'm on 27'' Monitor and it looked clear cut, I didn't start noticing it til I got further into the game.