Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP options explained
03-21-2013, 06:46 AM
RE: PPSSPP options explained
(03-21-2013 06:17 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Yes. If the performance is limited by the GPU or GPU emulation, frameskip may help. If performance is limited by CPU emulation / HLE / in general anything else, it probably won't help. So it depends not only on hardware but also on the game. And definitely could also depend on drivers.

-[Unknown]

I'll add this on the OP, very informative Wink .

If someone has more information about some option please post. I'll always update the post when some nice information appears.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Okay, so if GPU is a bottle neck, application just doesnt wait for the GPU to finish. Does this mean that some graphical effects are not displayed/are rendered at slower framerates ?

Something I think the OP should also cover is which settings are only being applied once you reset the emulator ?
If there's a difference between PC and other versions then that should be mentioned too.

And lol, I tried Fastmem and 2x resolution....

Fastmem increases my FPS from 5-7 to 17-20 lol...

Choosing 2x resolution has minor impact (- 1.0 or less FPS) on performance but I can clearly see the resolution increase.
03-21-2013, 03:31 PM
(03-21-2013 08:38 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote:  Okay, so if GPU is a bottle neck, application just doesnt wait for the GPU to finish. Does this mean that some graphical effects are not displayed/are rendered at slower framerates ?

Something I think the OP should also cover is which settings are only being applied once you reset the emulator ?
If there's a difference between PC and other versions then that should be mentioned too.

And lol, I tried Fastmem and 2x resolution....

Fastmem increases my FPS from 5-7 to 17-20 lol...

Choosing 2x resolution has minor impact (- 1.0 or less FPS) on performance but I can clearly see the resolution increase.

I think there is no options that are only applied on reset except maybe "Use Media Engine" (they are working on it) and 2x resolution on SDL (Windows version works fine).

When the GPU is a bottleneck the whole emulation is slowed down (probably to not desync something and start breaking things). It's easy to try when you have a slower GPU: just enable Screen 4x+Simple 2x SSAA.
03-22-2013, 03:43 AM
JIT is only applied on reset. You're probably right about 2x res.

Fastmem is, to a degree, only applied on reset. Specifically, sections of code that have been jitted will retain the old setting, but new code will get the new setting.

As current, if you want fastmem changes to apply immediately to everything, you'll need to savestate after changing the setting. Saving state clears the jit cache.

-[Unknown]
03-27-2013, 09:18 AM
There is new TrueColor option added for android.

What it's for?
03-27-2013, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 01:17 PM by m45t3r.)
(03-27-2013 09:18 AM)cyclonmaster Wrote:  There is new TrueColor option added for android.

What it's for?

I think it's a fix to this problem: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=919. But I don't really know what this option does. Maybe by default it uses 16 bits color and with this option it uses 32 bits?

Edit: ah, it seems to be related to the PPSSPP-3000 capability to render games with more colors. Well, I will wait some developer to explain better to put on OP.
03-31-2013, 11:32 AM
what about true color option???
04-07-2013, 01:27 PM
(04-06-2013 05:11 PM)KingPepper Wrote:  Just thought these would be helpful and to add these on your PPSSPP options explaining how to obtain gaming logs, from PPSSPP & JPCSP emulators.

How to create a PPSSPP log:

In the main PPSSPP folder where the PPSSPPWindows.exe is Make a folder called USER, inside that folder you just created, make a new folder called Logs.

Now start up emulator with a game running in there, once the emulator has stopped either by you closing it or it crashing, check inside the logs folder, open the ppsspp.log file with notepad or wordpad, copy & paste that to:

'Pastebin.com' or If this is a very large file, compress this log with a compression program like Winzip, or Winrar and upload the file to Mediafire, then copy & paste that address it gives you onto this forum under the correct gaming thread, where it will be noted & viewed by the developers.

Edit: To stop logs being made just delete the Logs folder.

If you need to make a log on JPCSP emulator, as you may wish to compare the logs from both emulators then follow this guide:

How to create a JPCSP log:

Load up JPCSP until main screen appears, click on Debug > Tools > Show Logger, when new logger window appears, click on arrow right of the word OFF and set to INFO level. Load and start the game you want to log until you receive the error or you exit JPCSP, that will now generate a .txt file in the JPCSP's MAIN FOLDER called log.txt.......

Post that log.txt file either at 'Pastebin.com' or If this is a very large file, compress this log with a compression program like Winzip, or Winrar and upload the file to Mediafire, then copy & paste that address it gives you onto this forum under the correct gaming thread, where it will be noted & viewed by the developers.

Remember to turn the logger back off afterwards, otherwise it will continue to make logs.

Hope this is of some help.......... Cool

That's a good tutorial ! Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi, i want to play a game with this emulator but the problem is when i try that the game starts working but very small size, how can i fix this?
04-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Raluar, is that on Android or Windows? Which hardware?
04-10-2013, 02:32 AM
(04-06-2013 05:11 PM)KingPepper Wrote:  Just thought these would be helpful and to add these on your PPSSPP options explaining how to obtain gaming logs, from PPSSPP & JPCSP emulators.

How to create a PPSSPP log:

In the main PPSSPP folder where the PPSSPPWindows.exe is Make a folder called USER, inside that folder you just created, make a new folder called Logs.

Now start up emulator with a game running in there, once the emulator has stopped either by you closing it or it crashing, check inside the logs folder, open the ppsspp.log file with notepad or wordpad, copy & paste that to:

'Pastebin.com' or If this is a very large file, compress this log with a compression program like Winzip, or Winrar and upload the file to Mediafire, then copy & paste that address it gives you onto this forum under the correct gaming thread, where it will be noted & viewed by the developers.

Edit: To stop logs being made just delete the Logs folder.

If you need to make a log on JPCSP emulator, as you may wish to compare the logs from both emulators then follow this guide:

How to create a JPCSP log:

Load up JPCSP until main screen appears, click on Debug > Tools > Show Logger, when new logger window appears, click on arrow right of the word OFF and set to INFO level. Load and start the game you want to log until you receive the error or you exit JPCSP, that will now generate a .txt file in the JPCSP's MAIN FOLDER called log.txt.......

Post that log.txt file either at 'Pastebin.com' or If this is a very large file, compress this log with a compression program like Winzip, or Winrar and upload the file to Mediafire, then copy & paste that address it gives you onto this forum under the correct gaming thread, where it will be noted & viewed by the developers.

Remember to turn the logger back off afterwards, otherwise it will continue to make logs.

Hope this is of some help.......... Cool

Add on OP. Thanks.
04-12-2013, 02:36 PM
(03-19-2013 06:37 PM)stodag Wrote:  Nice.. im surprised this wasn't done soonerSmile

so what does frameskipping do ??.... lol joke.

+1

Thanks for the thread

PD

Frameskipping is a "facepalm animation"...
04-19-2013, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 12:19 AM by skyfor.)
what about stretch to display option on android????
04-23-2013, 12:19 AM
and wht about 12 hr time format,draw wireframe,and encrypted save????
04-23-2013, 09:07 AM
(04-19-2013 03:16 AM)skyfor Wrote:  what about stretch to display option on android????

It means that if your screen have not the same ratio as the image of the game, this option will stretch this image to adapt it to your screen... So the game will be deformed...

(04-23-2013 12:19 AM)skyfor Wrote:  and wht about 12 hr time format,draw wireframe,and encrypted save????

♦ 12HR Time Format >> Maybe for the hour of your saves...
♦ Draw Wireframe >> It draws lines on the graphics, I don't know what is it used for ! Big Grin
♦ Encrypt Save >> For prevent some corrupted saves I believe Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2