Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP options explained
01-10-2014, 12:19 AM
RE: PPSSPP options explained
No problem. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up in that explanation.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 07:06 PM
I have a couple questions about the buffered rendering.

Will it ever be possible to fix the transparency issues that BR has with games like GOW and FFT:WOT? (I.E. Squares around orbs GOW and blacked out map during options screens & shops for FFT) I have very little understanding of the programming involved, so, if it isn't possible to fix these issues, could someone gimme a rudimentary explanation as to what would prevent such a thing? My uneducated thought is it's because it lacks the transparency capabilities of CPU/GPU rendering, much like how certain image files can't load transparencies. How far off am I?

Also, how does BR effect sound? I've noticed differences in the noises of the games I play, in that they don't seem to have quite as much "depth" as opposed to CPU/GPU rendering and I was wondering what caused that.
01-16-2014, 04:06 PM
>>>>>> hi !

may i ask what is the use of ..
Save Language ini
Load Language ini ?

thanks.

if you value your life, Do not talk to me.. Or you will DiE !

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\
01-18-2014, 03:13 PM
ummm...sorry but woulnt that be...obvious lol?
you can change the language settings and that would have to save somewhere o.o
01-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Guys, my phone and my tablet aren't working, so I can't test the new builds with a game or something, but I installed one of the builds on a slower tablet that I have, and I see an option to select the PPSSPP model. I'd like to know what's the difference between the two models to choose, what will change in the emulator? Smile
Thank you in advance.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
01-21-2014, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 08:28 PM by TheDax.)
(01-16-2014 04:06 PM)Goddess of Death Wrote:  >>>>>> hi !

may i ask what is the use of ..
Save Language ini
Load Language ini ?

thanks.

That's mainly for testing out new language inis, or creating a base ini to work from (though en_US.ini is updated so often that the save ini option isn't really needed anymore..).

(01-21-2014 06:09 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  Guys, my phone and my tablet aren't working, so I can't test the new builds with a game or something, but I installed one of the builds on a slower tablet that I have, and I see an option to select the PPSSPP model. I'd like to know what's the difference between the two models to choose, what will change in the emulator? Smile
Thank you in advance.

It's mostly for homebrew compatibility; some homebrew games/emulators demand a PSP-2000/3000 to run, so that'll let them work (some commercial games like God Eater 2 require a PSP-2000 for multiplayer, so there's that, too).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
01-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Thank you. Smile

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
01-30-2014, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 05:59 PM by Valvatorez.)
Question texture filter question
I've read the PPSSPP beginners guide and it didn't say much about this option. I was wonder which option give the games the best look.

-Auto
-Nearest
-Linear
-Linear on FMV

To whoever made the guide, you should really consider updating the guide ._.
01-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-31-2014, 01:45 AM
I made this guide, but I didn't find anything about that in this forum. Something that there's there, I taken from this forum, some other things I already knew. Sorry, I'll search more about that, and I will update the post soon.

02-07-2014, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2014 05:54 AM by TheDax.)
PPSSPP is a bit more front-end friendly now, with a new command-line option:

Windows only, builds prior to v0.9.8-507-gc24886f:
--escapeexitsemu: Tells PPSSPP that when you press the escape button on the keyboard, it should exit the emulator entirely, instead of going back to the menu.

All desktop platforms (Win/Lin/Mac), as of v0.9.8-507-gc24886f and later:
--escape-exit: Tells PPSSPP that whenever you press any button bound to "Pause" (including controller buttons), it should exit the emulator entirely, instead of going back to the menu.

08-22-2014, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 06:57 PM by Gorialis.)
Rewind snapshot frequency
Since no one seems to have posted about it (or I'm just really bad at finding things), I'm going to try explaining what rewind snapshot frequency (and the rewind system in general) is and what is does. This is my own personal findings, so I'm open to correction if anything here is wrong.

Rewinding is a feature in PPSSPP that, as it suggests, allows you to roll back to earlier parts of the game, which is usually used if you make a mistake. You can set it's key binding in the Settings.
(Esc > Game Settings > Controls > Control Mapping > Rewind).

The way PPSSPP rewinds is by making temporary save states every so often that it can revert to. By default, PPSSPP doesn't do this because it takes up quite a bit of memory. To enable it, you have to set a rewind snapshot frequency.

The rewind snapshot frequency is how often PPSSPP should make one of these temporary save states to revert to. This is measured in frames, meaning that you will have to find out what FPS your version of PPSSPP runs at and then multiply the FPS by the amount of seconds you want between each temporary save state. (for example, if I run at 60fps and I want it to save every 20 seconds, I will have to enter 1800 into the settings. (60*20))
(Esc > Game Settings > System > Rewind snapshot frequency).

Please keep in mind that the temporary save states are accumulative, meaning that whenever a new one is created, the old one is not deleted. This can lead to a massive buildup of used memory if you set the rewind snapshot frequency too low.
Your game will also often stutter while saving temporary save slots, so if that bothers you while playing, be sure to set the frequency higher until it's at a comfortable level.

I apologize if any of this didn't make sense, I've not posted anything on any forums for a long, long time. Ask me if you've got any questions.

EDIT: An additional note I forgot to add on, if you press rewind shortly after rewinding, it will revert to the temporary save before the one you just reverted to, and then the one before that, and so on.
01-04-2015, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 11:06 AM by Ekamown.)
Is it possible to change the location of memory stick folder on PPSSPP for Android?
06-21-2015, 10:45 PM
I don't know where the option 'keep effects at native rez' is talked about at but that feature is one of the best features I've seen in a while with anything ^_^
07-19-2015, 02:24 PM
so i encountered something in the emulator that is rather weird. i just played patapon 3 one second and played metal gear solid peace walker the next few minutes and suddenly, the emulator shows 2 small screens. and no amount of twidling with the config fix it. actually let me rephrase that. what i mean was noly non-buffered rendering is the only working solution but even that isnt a fix, as it doesnt show the game properly. does anybody have the same issue? i also encountered this problem with danball senki boost one time but going read framebuffer to memory gpu fixed it.