Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Shinobido: Tales of the Ninja
03-19-2013, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2014 01:43 PM by vnctdj.)
Shinobido: Tales of the Ninja
Hello Smile

Shinobido UCES00421 has a bug Dodgy and it needs a a patch/fix/hack in the HLE stuff to work. i get a black screen. it gets stuck at the lw/bne
[Image: Ef8Xz9o.jpg]
runs perfectly except for a small purple square bug and this bug that stops it from running, keeps it in an infinitie loop
Here's a gameplay video 'by me of course', notice that i must skip the part that the game gets stuck on from the disassembly to let it run.

here are some logs uploaded to dropbox Sleepy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iertsb4lezbp6sg/Logs.zip

i hope that you can fix this bug Blush
thanks in advance Smile

[Image: VekNm2e.png]
[Image: veutEMd.png]
[Image: L7YLs9q.png]
[Image: 2rCal9G.png]
[Image: rMWqF6k.png]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: Shinobido
You think you can resize the window to show a little more of sceKernelD****something? Smile
03-20-2013, 12:07 PM
(03-19-2013 05:36 PM)Henrik Wrote:  You think you can resize the window to show a little more of sceKernelD****something? Smile

updated my first post, please have a look into the logs new pics and heres a map file "The type of file that you attached is not allowed" i have uploaded to dropbox instead.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9mjvb49qdbz7z...20file.map
03-20-2013, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 12:34 PM by kenny43.)
(03-19-2013 05:23 PM)laugher Wrote:  Hello Smile

Shinobido UCES00421 has a bug Dodgy and it needs a a patch/fix/hack in the HLE stuff to work. i get a black screen. it gets stuck at the lw/bne
[Image: Ef8Xz9o.jpg]
runs perfectly except for a small purple square bug and this bug that stops it from running, keeps it in an infinitie loop
Here's a gameplay video 'by me of course', notice that i must skip the part that the game gets stuck on from the disassemblyto let it run.

here are some logs uploaded to dropbox Sleepy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iertsb4lezbp6sg/Logs.zip

i hope that you can fix this bug Blush
thanks in advance Smile
I've been wanting to play this game.. But yeah it would simply get stuck on a black screen as soon as I'd run it, you're the man!!

P.S. Henryk, same thing happens on dynasty warriors games, I tried dynasty warriors and dynasty warriors strike force, do you think it could be the same cause?

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
03-22-2013, 04:13 AM
added more screenshots to the first post and a map file
if you need more info just tell me what you need and i will gladly send a screenshot/test the game after you attempt to fix it Smile

btw what is the best free screen recording software that does not display watermarks or ads to its website on the screen?
03-22-2013, 08:58 AM
fraps,not sure it works with ppsspp it usually requires to go ingame afaik
03-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks laugher. It was just a sceKernelDelayThread though so it's probably some unrelated complicated threading issue :/ Hard to say...
03-23-2013, 01:02 PM
(03-23-2013 08:29 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Thanks laugher. It was just a sceKernelDelayThread though so it's probably some unrelated complicated threading issue :/ Hard to say...

Couldn't you fix that issue?
The game is really cool, hope I could play this at least 70~90% of fullspeed on my phone.
I've played best game of all Shinobido on PS2 - Way of the Ninja. This game at least gives me remember my moments of playing really amazing game on PS2. Thanks for posting logs, laugher.
03-23-2013, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 04:47 PM by laugher.)
Hi Smile
Thanks for your replies
Shall i record a video of the disassembly ?
Wink
03-23-2013, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 04:53 PM by kenny43.)
(03-23-2013 04:46 PM)laugher Wrote:  Hi Smile
Thanks for your replies
Shall i record a video of the disassembly ?
Wink

laugher if this game gets fixed because of you I'm marrying you Tongue

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
03-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Well, the problem here is nothing to do with the asm afaict. It's waiting for some other thread to do something. It could even be atrac related (e.g. atrac ending too early.) These issues are... difficult.

-[Unknown]
03-23-2013, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 05:58 PM by laugher.)
well, cant you code something in c++ like this:
if UCES00421 loaded
then jump_to/skip_to ********

and it will work.. Tongue

Quote: Well, the problem here is nothing to do with the asm afaict. It's waiting for some other thread to do something. It could even be atrac related (e.g. atrac ending too early.) These
issues are... difficult. -[Unknown]

is there a way to check which thread is the game waiting for?
03-23-2013, 10:21 PM
(03-23-2013 05:38 PM)laugher Wrote:  well, cant you code something in c++ like this:
if UCES00421 loaded
then jump_to/skip_to ********

and it will work.. Tongue

Hahaha Big Grin
How do you imagine to skip it? It's even doesn't get to menu.
Our last hope is to get it fixed by professionals.

On the JPCSP, it runs, so they solve the problem. Why not look their solution, or, java and c++ have different memory problems?
03-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Hmm, not always. The easiest way would be to set a memory breakpoint on that address, skip it, and see what writes to it (if anything...)

-[Unknown]
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2013 05:23 PM by laugher.)
(03-24-2013 05:21 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm, not always. The easiest way would be to set a memory breakpoint on that address, skip it, and see what writes to it (if anything...)

-[Unknown]
once i skip the lw the game instantly runs perfectly with and without the breakpoint. Please tell me how can i "see what writes to it" ? i did not understand what you meant.
I have attached 2 logs one with the game opened but black screen and the other the game opened , with breakpoint on the lw and skipped it and it ran
on both logs i did not press any button and did not do anything in game.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ps9l56g81djg6v...%20run.log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ga0mxfirec0unms/runs.log
as usual always with the latest development build