Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Ports do you need to forward to host an adhoc server?
12-24-2015, 09:53 AM
What Ports do you need to forward to host an adhoc server?
I've looked for the answer to this question on all sorts of forums with no luck. It doesn't help that most of the information out there is for an older version of PPSSPP where the adhoc server was a separate program.

Simply put, I need to know what ports need to be forwarded for the adhoc server to work. We are able to get it running using DMZ, but obviously this is super insecure and not advisable long-term. Already, I know that 27312 must be forwarded, or no one can so much as connect to the server, but there are others that are needed or everyone else will instantly get disconnected once a game actually starts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2015, 03:04 AM
RE: What Ports do you need to forward to host an adhoc server?
Adhoc Server only use port 27312
But adhoc server only used to create the group of players, while each players communicate directly (ppsspp to ppsspp) without using adhoc server during multiplayer gameplay, so you will need to forward each port used by the game also, and these ports are varies depend on the game, which is why you need DMZ (or VPN such as hamachi where all connections will be tunneled to a static port)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
12-25-2015, 06:07 AM
Is there any way to see what ports the game is attempting to use? I looked at the log console but I couldn't find it.
12-25-2015, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2015 10:25 AM by AdamN.)
(12-25-2015 06:07 AM)Terotrous Wrote:  Is there any way to see what ports the game is attempting to use? I looked at the log console but I couldn't find it.

On windows you can go to TaskManager->ResourceMonitor->Network and select the ppsspp.exe (or something like that), at below you will see a list of Listening Ports and these ports needed to be forwarded.

Make sure ppsspp is running the game in multiplayer mode, and after all players are able to join and the game started, you will probably see additional ports that needed to be forwarded in the Listening Ports, because the ports being used for lobby (before multiplayer game/mission started) and after the game/mission started usually use different ports.

Also, not only the game host that need forwarded ports, clients may also need to forward their Listening Ports (if any)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
12-27-2015, 05:21 AM
(12-25-2015 05:46 PM)AdamN Wrote:  On windows you can go to TaskManager->ResourceMonitor->Network and select the ppsspp.exe (or something like that), at below you will see a list of Listening Ports and these ports needed to be forwarded.
Thanks a million, this works perfectly. This should be added to an official guide for PPSSPP or something.

For the curious, these are the ports used by Phantasy Star Portable 2:

1 (it appears to use this to send a test packet when you connect or something. This one must be UDP)
27312 (this is the matchmaking port)

The following are game ports, and the game host has to forward these, rather than the adhoc server hosr.
13001-13009