Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Henrik or Moderator please read this
03-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Henrik or Moderator please read this
ppsspp android good speed in what rom? Ginger bread or jelly bean??

and is there posible u guys make the NDS emu for android??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: Henrik or Moderator please read this
Don't understand your first question, but I don't think the android "ROM" matters very much. I run stock android on my Nexus phones (S and 4).

I'm not interested in NDS.
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
There are already plenty of NDS emulators for android.
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
(03-19-2013 03:04 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  There are already plenty of NDS emulators for android.

All of which are surprisingly mediocre. The only one that has a dynarec/jit is DSoid, and it still runs at the same speed as the ones using only an interpreter. That and a bunch are just copy and pastes of nds4droid, which updates very rarely. (It's understandable though as the only person developing it is kind of busy with this thing called college.) DSDroid is discontinued, as is AndSemu, and DSoid updates just as irregularly as nds4droid. Overall, a playable NDS emulator might take a while.
03-19-2013, 09:00 PM
nds4droid is the only open source one that I know of. It runs pretty crappy but its the best we are going to get for now.
03-19-2013, 09:10 PM
(03-19-2013 09:00 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  nds4droid is the only open source one that I know of. It runs pretty crappy but its the best we are going to get for now.

DSdroid and AndSemu are open source. But nds4droid at this point runs faster than either of them for me. (Kind of funny since their code was just branched off from nds4droid's code.) So yeah, it looks like it's the only emu we can really expect progress on.
03-21-2013, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 07:53 AM by xsacha.)
(03-19-2013 08:30 PM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  
(03-19-2013 03:04 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  There are already plenty of NDS emulators for android.
All of which are surprisingly mediocre. The only one that has a dynarec/jit is DSoid, and it still runs at the same speed as the ones using only an interpreter.

I managed to acquire the source code of DSoid and the it only JITs about a handful of instructions, mostly load and store. Pretty much, JIT isn't there yet. And that's pretty sad for ARM->ARM.