Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bluetooth - Audio issue (android-samsung)
11-11-2015, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 06:45 AM by hyakki.)
Bluetooth - Audio issue (android-samsung)
Hello,
I came across a bug when using ppsspp under android
(Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Snapdragon 800, adreno 330, kitkat 4.4.2)

When using a Bluetooth Headphone set (I tried 3 of them), the audio in ppsspp would be extremely skippy even when game speed was smooth 100%, disconnecting the headset or using wired headphones the audio sounds fine in ppsspp/same games,

Things I have tried so far
1.Used the same headsets with ppsspp under windows and another android tablet, they both work fine, also since ppsspp worked with the headset on the other tablet (Cheap Pipo S3 Pro) seems to suggest an issue with Samsung devices or BT chipset.

2, Tried changing the latency and other audio related setting in ppsspp.

3. On my Samsung tablet I tried a clean install completely wiping the device and re-installing the official latest firmware- issue is still there.

4. Installed a 3rd party firmware CM12.1 - android 5.1.1 clean install - issue still present

5. Tried both official (playstore) and nightly builds of ppsspp

I should mention the headset works great with everything else on this tablet
(music, epsxe, movies, Drastic, native android games, fpse, reicast, Dosbox, Real3DOPlayer ...etc), just some issue with ppsspp.

so any ideas would be great, the bt headsets are a BT v4.0, BT v4.1, I am also using 5 Ghz wifi so no interference from 2Ghz bands
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2016, 05:14 PM
RE: Bluetooth - Audio issue (android-samsung)
I have the same problems on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0/ Tab 4/ Core with Jabra BT3030/ Philips SHB7000. With LG phone works more or less stable.
02-15-2016, 04:39 PM
same problem here, Galaxy Grand Duos, installing CM12.1 doesn't fix the issue too. didn't happen on my Sony Xperia L.
02-23-2016, 08:53 AM
exactly the same here on an Teclast x98 tablet (x86 CPU, Android 5). Any other app works with clear sound over a bluetooth headset, but PPSSPP produces choppy sound, no matter what game or settings (latest 1.2.1 version as well) Sad

Can anybody look into this?
09-18-2016, 05:17 PM
Did anybody get this working in the meantime? For me, sadly no change with 1.3... Sad