Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If your using online servers like coldbird...
10-08-2015, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 10:43 PM by nightmesh.)
If your using online servers like coldbird...
It would be a good idea to check and see if your ping is a bit to high. Sometimes when you try and connect to someone's game it wont work or you get a connection error or the game is just slowed down because trying to keep both players sync. This is the case with Dissidia and Dissidia 012.

You can check your ping by pushing the windows key and R together. Then type out cmd.exe or just search for it on your start menu. Then type out ping pro.coldbird.net. If your ping is over 100 then you'll most likely have problems with certain games that need to stay synced and need low ping.

This isn't the case with games like Monster Hunter or Final Fantasy Type 0. They don't require low ping and it seems to only effect loading times in Type 0 when invading. If your ping is to high on coldbird for this games like Dissidia as it is with me then I suggest trying out Sushicat's server. I have very low ping there. It's 80 in fact as opposed to coldbird's 170 even late at night. So try pinging both. Sushicat's server ip is myneighborsushicat.com.

TL-DR
Your ping might be to high on coldbird server for some games and that's why it doesn't work when you connect sometimes or it's slowing down to keep you synced together. Test your ping with cmd and see. If it's above 100 you might have problems and increased load times. Try out Sushicat's server. Ping myneighborsushicat.com. If it's below or closer too 100 then coldbird you'll have better success.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: If your using online servers like coldbird...
Is there a way to improve the ping? I have a connection of 200/20 Mbps yet my ping in pro.colbird.net is over 100ms in Dissidia 012.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2015, 09:21 AM
RE: If your using online servers like coldbird...
(10-13-2015 01:42 AM)RDF2050 Wrote:  Is there a way to improve the ping? I have a connection of 200/20 Mbps yet my ping in pro.colbird.net is over 100ms in Dissidia 012.
The ping to pro.coldbird.net is No reference. pro Ad-Hoc Multiplayer working direct. (client-client, not client-server-client).

I get 300ms ping to pro.coldbird.net but it working fine.To make ping as low as possible I only play with my nearby friends.
Find all posts by this user